Drink Less: help reducing your alcohol consumption
By Susan Michie
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you looking to cut down how much you drink? If so, we can help. Drink Less is a super-easy to use app that allows you to keep track of how much you drink, set goals to drink less, get feedback on whether what you’re doing is working and access some unique and fun ways of changing your attitude towards alcohol.
- Keep track of your drinking and see how it changes over time
- Set goals for the targets that matter to you and get feedback on your progress towards them
- Complete a daily mood diary so you can better understand the effects of your hangover
- Play games designed to strengthen your resolve to drink less alcohol
- Create plans for dealing with situations when you may be tempted to drink excessively
- Take part in exercises designed to change your relationship with alcohol
Drink Less has been created by a team of psychologists at University College London; we’re researching what techniques help people reduce their consumption of alcohol. You can use the app fully without taking part in our study and you can opt-out of it at any time. But if you do participate you’ll be helping us understand how to help more people drink less. And both we, and science, will be very grateful.
This app is for people aged 18 or over.
What's New in Version 1.0.12
Fixes minor bugs
Great App to help monitor your drinking
This App is great for helping you monitor your drinking and set reasonable goals if you want to cut down. The only thing I'd change is that you could find and edit the diary more easily as it's really useful to jot down notes on that day. I've tried to completely familiarise myself with the app but the diary section is obscure. Oh, the game is a bit boring. Overall though, very good app and highly recommend. Thanks to the creator(s) for a job well done.
P.S. Could you please make past diary entries editable? Also, a ring around the day(s) where one has made a diary entry would be useful. It's otherwise time consuming selecting every day trying to find the notes I wrote. Thanks.
Love the app by the way. Well done. I'm currently on my third dry week!