Get the must-have lifestyle app from Drinkaware, the UK’s leading alcohol education charity. The app has been redesigned and revitalised for 2018 and is packed with helpful features! Is it time to change the way you drink?
- Track the units and calories in your drinks
- Learn more about the health benefits of cutting down
- Set goals to support you to drink less
- Feel supported with regular and personalised feedback
- Track the COST of your drinks and see exactly how much you've saved by cutting back
- Extensive database of alcohol brands
- Get encouragement to stick to your goals at the places you need it most
Reducing your alcohol intake has a number of feel-good benefits. The practical and easy-to-use app from Drinkaware helps you understand the impact of your drinking, and supports you to change your habits for the better.
Now with brilliant new features!
- *NEW* Updated design – Clearer feedback on your drinking with a simplified, more modern interface
- *NEW* Improved navigation – It’s easier than ever to track your drinks, set goals and access weak spots. All app features now available at a single touch of a button
- *NEW* MORE of your favourite drink brands added to our massive database making it easier than ever to track a drink with a simple swipe
Our app is making news!
- Featured in ‘Guardian App of the Week’
- Awarded ‘five-stars’ as best FREE app review in Web User
- “A well-designed app with lots of thought and attention put into it”
Highlighted on BBC Radio 4’s You & Yours: Do you drink too much?, Telegraph, Digital Spy, BT.com and more.
- Fixed Dashboard alignment
- Increased app stability and reliability throughout
- "No Drink Days" terminology changed to "Drink Free Days"
Ratings and Reviews
Sort of helpful, but fairly flawed
I’ve been using this for over a year now, and have a rough idea of my alcohol consumption. The design builds in various unnecessary limitations though, which mean it’s not as accurate as it could be.
Things I’d like to know are units consumed and amount spent. It would be simple if there was a way of inputting type of drink, quantity, percentage and price for each drink you have. Instead, you can choose from a default list (which almost always means the price is wrong), or you can choose from an incredibly limited list of brands.
As the beers I drink are rarely on the list (not a brag, there are just very few beers listed!), you always have to choose something with the same or similar percentage. Sometimes this means the percentage is way off, which kind of renders the app pointless. Hence, as I said, I have a rough idea of my intake.
Not sure the reason for this manner of input. One reviewer suggested that they were selling the data to the brands listed - but if so, this is next to useless for those companies, given that there are several beers in there I would show up as drinking regularly that I’ve never actually touched.
I’ve always carried on using the app because it’s the best of a bad bunch and have always assumed its obvious flaw would be fixed. Although, given that it’s not even formatted for the iPhone 6 screen size yet, perhaps this is a little optimistic.
Should be useful but frustrating bugs
I’ve been using this for over a year now and it has helped me see how dangerously high my drinking levels are, set a baseline and now to try and reduce my risk. However I’m losing patience with it. When I try & enter a drink amount it often changes the size (eg glass/bottle) instead and often adds numerous more drinks at the different amounts I’ve had to cycle through to try to enter (this doesn’t show up until you go back in to add/remove more drinks from the main screen) so is actually over recording what I drink so I have to keep removing the extra drinks. Not good for accurate monitoring or motivation!!!. I am tempted to try a different app which is annoying when I have so much data on it.
A bit clunky but the best I have found
I downloaded to keep track of my drinking as I was trying to cut down a bit. I mostly like the interface and the features, but find the focus on the 14 units a week a bit judgy, I want to be aware of what I’m drinking and then set my own goals with a little guidance. In terms of tracking actual units consumed, it’s limited and I often find myself having to guesstimate, which is a shame, would be great for it to be accurate. Overall, it’s the best of the few I tried, if one of the fitness and nutrition apps had a feature to filter and look just at alcohol, then this one would go pretty quickly.
- The Drinkaware Trust
- 62.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Drinkaware
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.