Drinkaware: Track and Calculate Units
By The Drinkaware Trust
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Is it time to change the way you drink? Get the new lifestyle app from Drinkaware, the UK’s leading alcohol education charity.
- Track the units and calories in your drinks
- Extensive database of alcohol brands
- Learn more about the health benefits of cutting down
- Feel supported with regular and personalised feedback
Reducing your alcohol intake has a number of feel-good benefits. The new practical and easy-to-use app from Drinkaware helps you understand the impact of your drinking, and supports you to change your habits for the better.
Calculate units and calories, review your drinking patterns over time, set your own goals and get support at the times and places where you need it the most.
Now with brilliant new features!
- NEW feature to help you SAVE MONEY - track the COST of your drinks and see exactly how much you've saved by cutting back
- MORE of your favourite drink brands added to our massive database making it easier than ever to track a drink with a simple swipe
- Can't find your favourite drink? SIMPLE, use our new search bar and your drink will pop straight up
- Still can't find it? Alert us to any drinks you'd like adding to the database using our brand new email pop-up
Our app is making news!
- Featured in ‘Guardian App of the Week’
-“A really good idea!”
- Awarded ‘five-stars’ as best FREE app review in Web User
-“A well-designed app with lots of thought and attention put into it”
Highlighted on BBC Radio 4’s You & Yours: Do you drink too much?, Telegraph, Digital Spy, BT.com and more.
Change for the better
If you’re trying to make a change for the better, it’s important to acknowledge when you’re doing a good job. The Drinkaware app provides impartial, non-judgemental support and encouragement to help you keep track of your journey with a range of useful features:
- Pinpoint locations where you need extra help; from your local to your own home, we’ll be right there with you
- Set goals tailored to your existing drinking habits
- Get rewards for achieving your goals
- View your progress in terms of units or calories drunk
- Record and review your drinking over time. How are you doing compared to last week, or last month?
No-nonsense, easy interface
- Graphs, charts and other visual aids put the info you want at your fingertips
- Information is presented in real, easy to understand terms. Watch yourself cut down unit by unit, calorie by calorie
- Break information down week by week, day by day, to easily see how far you’ve come
Join the community
- Unlock achievements based on your new, healthier lifestyle
- See how you measure up with other users’ success stories.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
The latest version of the Drinkaware: Track and Calculate Units app (2.0.2) includes bug fixes and performance improvements following the previous release.
This release includes a data recovery tool that we are currently testing with a small group of users, before making it available to everyone.
We realise that there are still some issues outstanding and an additional update to the app will be made in the near future.
We want to reassure users that helping you to understand and moderate your alcohol intake using the app is extremely important to us. We are doing everything we can to rectifythe technical problems some people have had as quickly as possible.
Inconvenient data entry & STILL bug ridden
The last version introduced a new bug - double data entry. You choose a drink, for example Speckled Hen Ale, and you get TWO entries. Every time you want to enter a pint, it appears twice. To enter a pint, you need to add a half a pint - which is also doubled. No way to enter half a pint.
I like wine as well real ale and the small selection of the many thousands of ever changing brands available is not useful. Why can't we have a much simpler and easier data entry interface in which we simply select drink type and volume and can then readily adjust abv values as needed. Such simplification would be much better than the present system even if all the brand names were removed (though a look up table for the strengths of the commonest brands could be useful, as well as a personal list of favourites to speed data entry for those who drink from a limited palate).
I really would like an app to accurately help me track and moderate alcohol (I could do without awards & medals, though the calorie equivalents are salutary).
The writers should have a complete rethink. They have so far failed to produce a truly useful product. I only persist through lack of competition. Could it be that this is sponsored by the drinks industry to actually DISCOURAGE tracking & moderation? Update, yet ANOTHER bug. Use forgotten password when can't access account- enter e-mail & new pword twice. Then try to access using details entered CAN'T!
Each release worse than previous Ref(2.02)
Thank god I installed another app and kept a manual backup as well as I can now see with absolute confidence just how bad this app is. So bad indeed that I have lost all faith in it. Pity cause it started me on the road to recovery and so it is with sadness I say goodbye.
Had been using app for almost two years and had become used to regularly adding my drinks to it and then looking back over time and getting encouragement as I could see progress in reducing my units and felt motivated to continue working on my self in trying to overcome what is quite simply an addiction. Now I have no record of my journey and actually feel a bit lost.
As some other review states there should be an option to export data and or rollback to an earlier version.
New login update loses your data
I've been using this for months and it WAS a great app. Now all that historical data I've stored has been lost to me with this stupid new update. Shockingly bad. No regard for user base.
UPDATE: Weeks have passed and STILL no update that restores our historical data!! C'mon? Either give us a fix or you should not be trusted to hold customer data.
UPDATE2: Another new version, more promises that our lost data will reappear, and again utter disappointment. I would urge people considering using this app not to. This company should not be trusted with your data. Remember that this is personal data and they have shown they are not up to the job.
UPDATE3: current version loses previous day or days data. So it now gives you a falsely low reading unless you spot this. In other words it now gives you a false lower impression of how much you are drinking. Idiots.
UPDATE4: A new version to fix bugs. Don't think so. This time it's deleted data from random days in the past. This must be the worst app experience ever. Sack the developers and testers. And the managers. You are a bunch of muppets.