DrinkCoach is for those wanting to cut down, or simply keep an eye on, their drinking.
• The Observer UK's Top Ten Health Apps
• The Guardian UK's Top 30 iOS Apps of the Week
• Sunrise Australia's App of the Week
• NHS Health Library
• Also profiled in Sunday Star Times, Nursing Times, Huffington Post and Refinery 29
With DrinkCoach you will be able to:
• Keep track of units, calories & cost
• View & share seven day summaries of your drinking
• Book a one-to-one session with a specialist Drink Coach
• Set location and time based reminders
• Set & share goals
• Track hangovers, arguments, cravings and accidents associated with your drinking via a CBT diary
• Watch bespoke video covering mindfulness and breathing exercises to manage cravings and help you achieve your goals
+ 'Zero-Alcohol Days' highlighted in Drink Tracker overview and summaries
+ Drink Tracker overview now a 'Month-at-a-glance' screen - this helps you visualise your drinking patterns over a longer period of time
+ Share your Drink Tracker functionality - view a summary of your drinking over any period of time and save or share detailed figures straight from the app
+ Not only can you personalise the prices attached to the drinks in your tracker, but also alter the currency symbol from £ to € or $
+ New navigation to help you get to the most used screens faster
+ New links to the brand new drinkcoach.org.uk website and online booking system
Ratings and Reviews
I work in the drugs/alcohol field and got years I have been getting my clients to do drink/craving diaries on bits of photocopied paper which really hasn't worked, the clients have also worried about people finding the paper. I now suggest to my clients that they use this app instead. It is excellent and enables them to have their drink/craving diary on them at all times.
The only change that I would make is to have a large number of branded alcohols already available to select.
I wish there was a drug/craving equivalent.
Great app, but one suggestion
This is great for keeping track of my drinking habits, however can a feature be added where rather than personalising drinks (ie cider) to % and price each, when you log a drink it gives you the option to add % and price?
I drink quite a few different ciders and wines and that would be a great help. For example on pub I go to is £1.99 for a pint, where another pub is £3.50
HOWEVER the fact that this is my only “issue” with the app speaks volumes about its quality!
Get to grips with drinking
DrinkCoach has all the tools to help get a sense of how your drinking measures without guessing whether you are living well or living lush. Also cutting down or managing drinking during holidays or other times is easy with goals, notetoself geo/time reminders and hangover diary option allows you to see what the specific amounts are that turn a great night into a rough next day
- Haringey Advisory Group on Alcohol
- 33.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2013 Haringey Advisory Group on Alcohol (HAGA)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.