Dropshare is a tool for uploading pictures, videos, screenshots and files of all kind from your iOS device to a hosting provider of your choice.
Please note: Dropshare is not free! Dropshare Pro (one-time In-App Purchase) is required to upload files to your own server (via SCP over SSH), Amazon S3, any S3 API-compliant service (like OpenStack Swift), Rackspace Cloud Files, Backblaze B2 Cloud Files or Google Drive. The app is free only for subscribers of Dropshare Cloud.
Dropshare supports Multiple Connections: You can set up different upload destinations at the same time and switch between them easily for each upload.
** Uploads everything
Dropshare is able to open files of any kind with its Sharing and Action Extensions. Upload directly from your favourite app like the Photo Album, or any other app that offers sharing functionality. Multiple images can be uploaded at once and will be archived in a ZIP file.
** Dropshare Sync
Synchronize your upload history including preview images across all your devices, supports both iOS and Mac OS X. Easily see all the uploads made from your Mac within Dropshare for iOS. Plus, synchronise your custom landing page across all your Macs and iOS devices.
** Dropshare Safe
Easily create access-restricted URLs for your uploads with either a lifetime and/or password.
** Import your connections from Dropshare for Mac
If you've already set up Dropshare on your Mac, just export all your connections to encrypted .dropshareconnection files and import them on your iOS device.
** Beautiful individual landing pages
** Choose your URL shortener
Dropshare supports URL shorteners as well - natively supported URLs (e.g. dsh.re), or configure your very own URL shortener service like bit.ly or YOURLS.
** Filename randomization
Optionally configure whether Dropshare should add a random suffix or completely randomize the filename before uploading the file.
** 1Password integration
Use 1Password to easily log in to Dropshare Sync with your account details.
** Screenshot extension
Dropshare offers a screenshot extension for your favourite browser: Capture the whole website and upload it right away.
** Image compression
Images can be compressed within 3 different levels prior uploading to save bandwidth and space.
To be sure Dropshare is the right tool for you, please read the following technical requirements:
** Dropshare Cloud
A valid Dropshare Cloud subscription is required in order to upload files with Dropshare Cloud. Please check out the Dropshare Cloud website for more information.
** Secure Copy (SCP over SSH) to your own server
Dropshare supports SCP over SSH natively. A working SSH user account is required on the server. A password or SSH key pair is also required. Please note that both the public and private key needs to be set up. To have the uploaded file displayed in a web browser, a web server needs to be installed and configured on the server. Please refer to the User Guide for more information.
** S3 API-compliant service
Dropshare supports services like OpenStack Swift. Check our User Guide for more information.
** Google Drive
A regular Google account is required in order to use Google Drive.
** Backblaze B2 Cloud Files, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Rackspace Cloud Files
Please note that Dropshare does not support FTP!
Hello! We're happy to introduce the newest update to Dropshare on iOS, and present you the changes as follows:
- We are retiring Dropshare Sync in favour of iCloud synchronisation. Your upload history will now securely and automatically be synchronised across all your Apple devices
- When sharing images with Dropshare, we will now make sure to leave the image alone when you opt against image compression - the original image will now be uploaded untouched and in its full glory
- That also includes DNGs, which now will be uploaded in their original file size and quality, unless you choose compression
- The Share Extension should now be more robust and less likely be crashing because it ate too much memory off your device. Sorry for that.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful and seamless integration with Mac. Many useful options, easy to set expiry and customise landing page. Also great customer service.
Close but not quite there
* Saves over scp/SSH as advertised.
* Integrates with sharing widgets to upload from within other apps.
* Doesn't auto detect new files on the server. I guess it takes the view that you can see them in a browser anyway.
* Files uploaded via the share widget take a while to show up in the files list.
* No in-app way to recover files from the server, have to visit url in a browser and save one at a time.
* Photo viewer is full-zoom rather than scaled to fit screen.
* Browsing through files involves selecting each in turn and backing out again rather than simple swipe navigation.
* Need to manually enter SSH keys rather than some form of sync from host computer.
Easy way to share files
I use this all the time as a no brainer way to share files at home and work.
- Timo Josten
- 25.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014-2017 Timo Josten
- In-App Purchases
- Dropshare Pro £6.99
- Existing customer Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.