Due — super fast reminders, reusable egg timers
By Phocus LLP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever wished you could jot down a task and set up a reminder alert really, really fast? Yeah, we do too.
The beauty of Due lies in its simplicity. There's no account to create, no start or end date to set, no need to prioritize, tag nor categorize.
What there is however are what that matters: a note for your reminder and an alert that is set up in mere seconds.
◆ WATCH THE VIDEO ◆
◆ WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ◆
"… convenient, low-friction way to set short-term reminders and timers… Focused and thoughtful design" — John Gruber, daringfireball.net
"… passes the highest test I can imagine for an iPhone app: It's so smart, and so pretty, I can't imagine why Apple didn't bake something like it right in." — Bill Barol, boingboing.net
"… one of those missing pieces that should have come in the box when I got my brand new iPhone 4." — Adam Curry, The Big App Show
"Due is simply a must-have app…" — Victor Agreda, Jr, TUAW.com
"… quickly replaced Apple's built-in Clock App for simple time-based alarms, and even Calendar on occasion…" — Rene Ritchie, TiPb.com
"… super clean and super quick way to set up timed reminders for yourself…" — Gizmodo.com
◆ FEATURES ◆
‣ Updated for iOS 7
‣ Super fast
Set up a reminder with alert up to 3x faster than the stock Calendar or Reminder app
‣ Get to the timings you need in a tap
Zip through the time wheel and set due times by tapping on any of the 4 preset and customizable timings
‣ Reusable countdown, egg timers
Precise to the second, they are perfect for timing your soft-boiled eggs, coffee brewing and tea steeping. Set them up once and reuse them forever
‣ Keep track of outstanding tasks with Smart Badges
See at a glance how many tasks you have for the day, or only those you've ignored or missed, or turn off badging if you don't want any
‣ Never miss any reminders with auto snooze
Repeatedly notifies you of missed reminders until marked done or rescheduled
‣ Reschedule and defer reminders quickly
‣ Powerful recurring reminders
Vitamins before bed each night? Pay rent every 2 weeks on Monday? Submit a report on the last weekday of the month? Yup.
‣ Natural date and time parsing
Create reminders with due date filled in automatically by typing into the title directly eg. Wash the dishes in 30 mins, Leave for badminton at 3pm on Friday
‣ Track past reminders and quickly create new ones based on expired reminders within the Logbook
‣ Time Zone Shifting
Receive timely reminders no matter where you are in the world
‣ 12 great sounding alerts of varying lengths to choose from
‣ Universal app, looks and works great on both iPhone and iPad
‣ Keep reminders in sync* across your iPhone, iPad and Mac with iCloud or Dropbox
* Due must be launched for sync to take place. Sync on Mac requires Due for Mac (sold separately)
‣ Backup, email and restore databases
‣ Undo and redo
‣ Assignable alert sounds
Assign distinctive alert sound for each reminder; louder and longer ones for important reminders, and subtler ones for less critical reminders.
‣ Create reminders for your calendar events and todo items from compatible third-party apps such as Week Calendar or Listary and have Due send you right back to where you left off
‣ Reliable reminders that don't require any Internet connection
‣ Save 20% of your battery life compared with apps using Push notifications
‣ Accessible with full VoiceOver support and Large Text setting
‣ Fully localized for English, Deutsch, 日本語, Italiano, Nederlands, Español, Français, Polski, Русский, 한국어, العربية, Português brasileiro, Dansk, Svenska, Norsk (bokmål), 简体中文, 繁體中文
If you're keen to see Due in your language, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
◆ COMPATIBILITY ◆
Compatible with iPhone (3GS or later), iPad and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later.
◆ WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU ◆
Email email@example.com, or tap 'Feedback' from Settings. follow us on Twitter @dueapp
What's New in Version 1.10
- Flatter, sharper, darker. Better late than never, now for iOS 7.
- Fixes bug on iOS 7.1 where the navigation bar to add and edit reminders is missing on iPad.
- Fixes bug where dismissing the editor does not trigger sync if one is pending.
If you like the update, I'd be grateful if you could take some time to leave a rating or review for Due on the App Store.
This has always been my favourite and most useful app - couldn't do without it - but why update it to look as dreary and grey as all the others. The new colour scheme actually makes it more difficult to read what's on screen and you have deleted some lovely touches like flipping a switch to start and stop one's programmed reminders. At least the great switch flipping noise is still there. If it has to look 'modern' can we at least have a pale colour scheme for those of us who don't want to stare at a dark grey screen all the time?
I use this program to schedule and remind me about everything from my shopping, scheduling the annual service on my car to reminding me to ring clients.
It is absolutely essential to my work flow.
That ' how do you get everything done?' Question - this is my answer.
It's functionality is deep and I keep discovering new ways to streamline my productivity with it.
The customer support is ace too.
My brain crutch
I use Due every single day to remember everything my terrible short term memory forgets. It’s a huge credit to the app that I’ve stuck with it this long without a visual update, but there’s nothing else that comes close in terms of the ease of use and advanced features. Great app, it’ll never let you forget anything.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 13 March 2014
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Phocus LLP
- © 2014 Phocus LLP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.