By AkzoNobel Decorative Coatings B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the new and exclusive ‘Dulux Visualizer’ app – helping you SEE YOUR OWN ROOM IN ANY COLOUR, LIVE! Using unique augmented reality technology, you can see realistic Dulux paint colours appear on your walls with just a tap of the screen. Experiment with bolder colours or narrow down your colour choices with confidence.
The experts at Dulux give you a choice of colour schemes to go with your chosen paint colours or existing furnishings. You can also order paint testers to be delivered direct to your door and find your nearest paint stockists.
The Dulux Visualizer - seeing is believing!
- New Dulux Visualizer – see your own room in any colour, live!
- Apply realistic Dulux paint colours to your walls with just a tap
- Browse, pick and search for other colours while viewing your room
- Find colours that go with your furniture or soft furnishings
- Save screenshots and colours to share with a partner or friend
- Powered by augmented reality technology exclusive to Dulux
- Instant colour scheming when you are out and about
- Closest match from the full range of Dulux colours
- Multiple colour schemes for you to choose from
- Dulux Masterclass videos show you how to bring your project to life
- Finds your location and nearest Dulux paint stockists
- Universal app design optimized for both phone and tablet formats
It is not currently possible to order paint testers on this app, to buy testers visit dulux.co.uk and have them delivered direct to you home
What's New in Version 4.2.1
• Two new colour ranges: Travels in Colour and the Professional Colour Guide
• Updated colour product information
Not very good
This only works if all the walls are already white. All previously painted walls interfere with the colour mix. Current coloured walls cannot be visualised in white, just a cement grey in my case. The current colour interferes with the visualisation so no true colour can be visualised. I tried in the room with all white walls but not the room I wished to paint just yet. It would only add colour to half of the plain wall. Then instructions on how to start began popping up on screen & to delete I had to start the whole process again, including finding the colours. I settled on a half coloured wall visualisation. Took the photo, pressed save. I now have a photo of my walls with no colour included!
A good idea in theory but unfortunately does not work.
Great idea incredibly badly executed!
Seriously, did the developers even try to use this app before marketing it? You would expect that u could take a pic of an area and then sit at your leisure and apply various Colours to it. Yep, that's how u or I would have done it. But nope, you have to apply masking tape and Colours live whilst you hold your wobbling ipad with one hand. And the Colours don't apply to the whole of a wall if there is any shadow or color variation on it.
No use at all, not even worth the bandwidth to download it. A great idea ruined by poor execution.
Great Idea… if it worked.
Working in the Reprographics industry I was excited & interested to see this app and if it was as good as using Photoshop. However they have got it for what of a better term ‘arse about face’ Where this is a let down is you should take the photo first then colour up the still not try to colour up a live image. But this could be bad advise from the developer….but either way a real opportunity missed I’m afraid, nit what I would’ve expected from a market leader.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 27 March 2015
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 40.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: AkzoNobel Decorative Coatings B.V.
- © 2015 AkzoNobel Decorative Coatings B.V
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.