Dumb Ways to Die
By Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You've seen the video - now the lives of those charmingly dumb characters are in your hands.
Enjoy 18 hilarious mini-games as you attempt to collect all the charmingly dumb characters for your train station, achieve high scores and unlock the famous music video that started it all.
Download the FREE game now to enjoy the new fun and remember, be safe around trains. A message from Metro.
- Why is his hair on fire? Who cares, just RUN!
- Quickly wipe your screen free of puke
- Balance that wobbling glue eater
- Flick the piranhas out of range of those precious private parts
- Swat wasps before it's too late
- Best not invite that psycho killer inside
- Carefully remove forks from toasters
- Help self-taught pilots
- Get back from the edge of the platform you fools
- Have patience at level crossings
- No crossing the tracks! Not even for balloons!
- And who knew rattlesnakes were so picky about mustard?
- Doing your own electrical work? Choose the wires carefully
- Mind the gap! Board the train safely
- Space is no fun without a helmet. Put it on now!
- Perfect your dumb-death prevention skills to unlock the full set of characters for your train station
- Earn your own local copy of the original video
- Compete against friends and highly skilled strangers on the Game Center leaderboard
Watch the original Webby and Cannes award-winning video here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNR2EpS0jw
© Metro Trains Melbourne, Dumb Ways to Die™
What's New in Version 1.6
Three exciting new mini-games!
SPACEMAN SPLAT - Our simple-minded spaceman has decided to remove his helmet. Help him put it back on before it’s too late!
MIND THE GAP - Help our safety challenged friends board the train. Be sure to mind the gap by jumping at exactly the right time.
DO YOUR OWN ELECTRICAL WORK - Play amateur electrician as you attempt to connect wires across the screen. Choose wisely, otherwise it’s all over!
Great! Just one thing...
Great game,cute characters,great music video and awesome song very catchy!,now for the bad thing... It gets a little boring... Like,it would be awesome if you added more game stuff whatever you call em... Like my friend has got it and on her iPhone she has got dumb ways to die and dumb ways spot die 2 I have like loads of pics and.. Well not a lot of apps but I would say I had quite a few so I don't have any room for dumb ways to die 2 and my iphone ain't working and hardly has any space... So I would like you to hopefully put some added games in dumb ways to die so I don't need to delete all my precious stuff! Like I always do and hate the blooming game so I go buy or get the game I deleted back and it takes aaagggeees to get it back to how it was x so I hope you listen to this and sort it out... I know it is a big job for one game maker but it is possible...😊😃 thx!😃
I wasn't sure if this game would be up my street as it looked as if it might be a bit crass, but actually it turned out to be charmingly funny and whimsical, keeping just on the right side of the taste barrier. Yes it is black humour but executed so well you can't help but like it.
I'd not seen the video when I started playing the game, but as you unlock it during gameplay, that didn't matter. The music is particularly catchy and very reminiscent of old game music, and the graphics are clean and professional with lovely animations! The different mini games are fun and easy to pick up.
One thing to be aware of is that the plane flying game (where you blow on the screen) doesn't work on every iPad, so make sure you disable it via the game's settings if it doesn't work for you (or you won't get very far!)
What more can I say but try it, particularly if you enjoy whacky or black humour.
Good but flawed
This is a fun game with a decent concept and cute, twisted animation. The major downsides, however, is that the touch controls can be so unresponsive that it costs you your precious few lives. In some cases, you can be a millimetre off the thing you touch and it won't respond. Some games are also very fiddly making them frustrating.
Some games also don't really work on iPad like the vomit one - you have to wipe the huge screen which is basically impossible to do in time on anything bigger than an iPhone.
Also, around the 1000 point mark, the difficulty rises ridiculously making it far too fast to play properly. And there are adverts. Lots of adverts.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 08 August 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 38.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
- © Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.