Ear Trainer Lite
By thoor software AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ear Trainer Lite is an educational tool designed for musicians, music students and anyone interested in improving ones musical ear. It has exercises covering intervals, chords, and scales. This is the LITE version with 32 exercises. The full version has over 230 exercises.
Ear Trainer Lite covers the following categories:
- Interval Comparison (18 exercises)
- Chord Identification (3 exercises)
- Chord Progressions (3 exercises)
- Scales (4 exercises)
- Melody (4 exercises)
Each exercise has a short description of its purpose and optional preview. A virtual piano keyboard in each exercise helps you visually understand and analyze the notes that have been played. To aid your progression you can compare the different options after answering. (You can even play the virtual piano if you like!)
As you progress through the exercises, statistics are collected so that you can see your progress.
The questions in the exercises are randomly generated so you can do them over and over again as many times as you like to continue to hone your skills.
For more information please see the demonstration video at: www.dev4phone.com
What's New in Version 2.5
New in version 2.5:
- Added melody exercises
- Added setting to switch between English, Solfége and German note names
- Improved algorithm to fix enharmonic misspellings (e.g. minor second should be spelled C-Db, not C-C#)
- Added glossary with terms used in Ear Trainer
- Improved UI for iPhone 5
- Improved UI for better visual feedback and layout
- Improved exercise texts
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: 20 December 2013
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: thoor software AB
- © thoor software ab
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.