This highly effective award-winning accelerated-learning technique uses music as the medium to transport words and phrases of a foreign language into your long-term memory.
Your 'KICK START' into learning a new language! You know the 'earworm effect’, catchy music and lyrics that you just can't get out of your head? Well, using the phenomenal power of music, Earworms plants the words of a foreign language into your head!
It really works! Download the app to test it, GRATIS!
THE EARWOMS METHOD
The Earworms method not only provides the words, phrases and grammar that you need to acquire a foreign language, it also actively anchors them into the auditory cortex of your brain - ready for instant recall! It's much more than a language course, it's a language learning strategy!
2. Music is the key:
Using music as the medium is not only fun and entertaining, it is also highly effective. Firstly, music primes the neural networks and puts the learner into the optimum state of consciousness for learning, the so-called Alpha state; relaxed but at the same time receptive. Secondly, music allows for repetition (a prerequisite when learning a language) without monotony. On top of that, music engages and stimulates both right and left hemispheres of the brain, unleashing more learning potential.
These features together lead to a much higher rate of retention than with traditional learning methods.
Instead of seeing a language in terms of individual words and grammar, the Earworms approach immerses the learner in real-life dialogues and expressions. These are then broken down into smaller bite-size chunks, practiced rhythmically with music and then reconstructed into full sentences. This gives the learner a strong sense of how real language is constructed and used.
* Developed by language teaching experts.
* Convenient. 6-9 minute tracks. Listen and learn track by track, any time, anywhere.
* Audio-visual experience with 'karaoke-like' live text feature.
* Specific unambiguous goals. 200+ optimally selected sets of words, phrases and structures per level.
* Measurable. Easy tracking of progress.
* Achievable. Using music as a memory catalyst and fun factor means an extremely high retention rate - usually more than 90% in tests.
* Target language spoken by native speakers - so correct pronunciation is acquired automatically.
* Relevant. Carefully chosen content-rich language. Based on the CEF (Common European Framework) and immediately useful to the learner.
* Time bound. The musical memory method enables real rapid progress. E.g. you can learn to count up to 999 in Mandarin in an hour (!) or retain and recall all 200+ words, phrases and structures in one level within a couple of weeks.
* Educational discounts available. Visit www.earwormslearning.com/support/teachers
LANGUAGES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
French + German + Italian + Spanish (European) + Spanish (Lat. American) + Mandarin + Cantonese + Japanese + Arabic + Portuguese (European) + Portuguese (Brazilian) + Russian + Greek + Turkish + Polish + English + Dutch
Currently there are 3 levels (Volumes) available, which will take you up to intermediate level (CEF level A2).
* Volume 1. Within a few hours of listening to this volume you'll be able to deal with real-life situations like: taking a taxi, at the hotel, at the restaurant, requesting, polite phrases, finding your way, numbers, dealing with problems and so on.
* Volume 2. This course will soon have you talking about yourself (past, present and future), chatting and even flirting!
* Volume 3. Here you learn more useful everyday situations while going more into the structure, the grammatical rules of the language.
NOTE: the app includes a demo of full tracks of all languages available – and is free to download. You can then purchase the full courses from within the app.
We’ve been busy gradually adding more languages to the app. If you can't find a language or level here, take a look at our website where the full range is available.
Just groove along to our musical language tracks while on your way to work, school or college, and pick up useful phrases and expressions in the same way as you remember the lyrics to your favourite songs. The combination of musical and vocal sound waves will indelibly plant the sound and rhythm of the target language into your long-term memory, so that you automatically pick up the correct accent.
By the way, the Earworms app is now iPad compatible.
Ratings and Reviews
I have just completed Vol 1 and I am not saying I can remember everything but I can remember a lot and find the app very enjoyable to use and better than any other app I have used. The music makes such a big difference.
Why can’t I restore my purchases?
Please provide support on how to restore purchases as I have previously bought French italian and polish but now I cannot access them
We have recently produced a new much better app with some really cool new features. Please get in touch with our support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your earworms team.
- Earworms Ltd
- 25.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 earworms ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Try before you buy Free
- German Vol. 2 £9.99
- Bundle, Spanish Eu. Vol. 1-3 £23.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.