By QiQi Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Version 1.7.2: Introduces new Joseki mode.
Version 1.7.1 Supports iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.
Version 1.7: Added favorites, tag support, and Fuseki search.
EasyGo is a multi-function go software designed to help you improve your go skills and enjoy the go game:
1. Extensive problems bundled
EasyGo has total 2400 problems bundled ranging from basics, life and death, tesuji and endgame. And the 893 problems on life and death have extensive variations built in to respond to all of your possible moves.
2. A lot of ways to study problems
• Problem Practice - Sort problems by total tried times, wrong times, and win rate or shuffle problems. Random swap color and rotate board. If the opponent have multiple variations, you can tap the alternate move mark to switch to that variation.
• Problem Test - Take standard test(20 problems in 10 minutes) or custom test, in which you can customize the total problem number, test time. During problem test, the restart, try, show solution button are disabled. The standard tests for the bundled problems are integrated with game center leaderboard. Test history is saved automatically. And you can review all the problems answered incorrectly later.
• Spaced Repetition System - EasyGo includes a spaced repetition system (SRS) to help you study go problems more effectively. Basically, it works like this: you are shown a problem and you choose “Fail”, “Hard”, or “Easy” according to how well you know it. The system will automatically present the problem again for review in the future. That is, EasyGo works like a flashcard application.
3. Game records browse/edit/replay
EasyGo is also a SGF editor, supporting most of commonly used SGF FF4 properties, and features a node tree view, a variation table. You can use EasyGo to record your own games, create your own problems, and switch to problem mode to test at anytime.
4. Easy import/Export
You can zip all your sgf files and transfer to EasyGo via iTunes file sharing. EasyGo will maintain the original folder structures in the zip file. You can also download sgf/zip files from mobile safari and import to EasyGo easily. Mail attachment can also be imported to EasyGo. EasyGo will be installed to handle SGF/ZIP files, and can import files from any mobile app supporting Open-In(such as Dropbox).
• Supports browse your games/problems in list or grid view
• Auto detect problems and normal games
• Sort games by black name, white name, game date, game name
• Bookmark system problems to user library, add any game or problem to favorites, and assign multiple tags to game
• Supports comment edit, add black, add white, add triangle, square, remove node tree, insert node, etc.
• Split a game to multiple games based on variations
• Create a problem by crop part of the current board position
• Rotate and flip game
• Auto replay, speed can be adjusted
• Two finger swipe to toggle full screen mode(iPhone and iPad full screen landscape mode only)
• Two layouts for full screen landscape mode on iPad
• Organize by folders, supports batch edit: move, copy, delete, mail, export to iTunes folder, You can reorder the games by drag the standard iOS order control
• Supports drag and drop to adjust different views, pinch in the comment view to adjust font
• Two finger swipe left or right to switch between recently opened games
• Built in file manager, easily browse iTunes share folder, import sgf, zip files, email files
• Import game by pasting SGF data from clipboard
• Built-in web browser to help import SGF link easily
• Export a single game to other applications via Open In. Export multiple games or folders to a zip file, which can be emailed or handled to other apps(such as Dropbox) via Open In.
• Multi user support, view global problem test statistics and per folder problem test statistics
• Choose 12 built in board background images and several stone textures. Custom board background image and stone textures are also supported
What's New in Version 1.7.2
• Added a Joseki practice mode, which is similar to the problem pratice, however you have to practice all the variations one by one. As the demo of the new Joseki mode, 32 common invasion patterns(Joseki) are added to the bundled system library, please have a try. Joseki mode for the problems under "My Games" is also supported. Added a Joseki game type for game edit, Joseki type is special mode of problem type. For problems with Joseki type, after walking through one variation, you're prompted to try all the other variations one by one. If all the variations have been tested, the side will be switched and all the variations from the other side will be tested again. Currently there is another difference between problem and Joseki type, for the problem type, all the variations are wrong varations except main line. You have to put "right" or "correct" in the comment of the last move of the varaiton to mark it as correct variation; For the Joseki type, all the moves are correct by default. please long tap the node in the tree view to toggle it as bad move.
• Two finger tap to switch side during problem practice
a. for the problem mode, the system will play the next move for you, and ask you for the move after that
b. for the new Joseki mode, the current position will jump to the first move.
• Now the game type info(normal game, problem or Joseki) is saved in the exported SGF file, and the game type will be kept after importing.
• Shows file name in the list/grid view if the game name property(GN) is an empty string or string with only space. Added an option to force show file name instead of game name property.
• After creating a problem from scratch, if switch to problem test without saving first, then when switch back to game edit mode, the game is gong.
Use it a lot.
EasyGo and Smartgo Kifu are the two main go apps that I use. They have different features and purposes. EasyGo is good for studying your own go problems. You can import files from your computer easily or create and manage them on your iOS device. Tree view is very useful. Developer is actively improving the app and responds quickly to comments.
Latest version adds joseki practice mode. After trying this feature out, I am impressed. Looks very useful
I've tried a few tsumego apps on the store but this is the BEST by far. All variations are shown and an ability to try out sequences so you don't need to guess if you get stuck. Once you are sure you can then solve the problem. I had a question replied to very promptly by the author. Top notch app, top notch support.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 27 February 2015
- Version: 1.7.2
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Developer: Xiang Zhao
- © QiQi Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.