eBird Mobile makes it easy to record the birds you see in the field, and seamlessly link these observations with eBird--a global online database of bird records used by hundreds of thousands of birders around the world. This free resource makes it easy to keep track of what you see, while making your data openly available for scientific research, education, and conservation. eBird Mobile is the only app that passes information directly from the iOS device to your eBird account on the web.
- Enter bird observations from any location around the world.
- Full global taxonomy based on The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World.
- Common names available in local languages (e.g., Portuguese names in Brazil or in Portugal).
- Checklists customized for your location and time of year, showing most likely species based on eBird data.
- Rare species flagged during data entry and on the checklist.
- "Record as you go" functionality for incremental list keeping and counting while birding.
- GPS enabled location plotting to ensure accuracy.
- Map tools that enable selecting from hundreds of thousands of eBird "Hotspots."
- Full offline functionality, enabling use in places with limited or no Internet connection.
- Trip and Day list functionality that makes it easy to keep track of your species list on a particular outing.
- Support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Entire app translated to German, Mandarin, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Turkish, and Dutch.
Checklist editing! You can now edit information on checklists that you've submitted via your eBird Mobile app.
Ratings and Reviews
Well, seems totally useless.
After creating an account I am unable to login and always the ‘Create free account ‘ appears...
Seems others have the same problem but hope it gets sorted as it could be a very useful App.
I’m pleased this App was free because it’s awful. I have found online guidance on how to add my life list but it bears no resemblance to the actual App. I sent a query to App support and they just sent me the online link I’d already found. Not a waste of money but a total waste of time.
This app is of no use, it does not work on my iPad at all (it opens then closes straight away) and on my iPhone it opens OK, but I cannot log in (tells me no internet or server error). Also support is non-existent as they have not even acknowledged my request for help on their website.
Does not even deserve the single star I have given it.
- Cornell University
- 58.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Akan, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Cornell University
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.