Editorial is a plain text editor for iOS with powerful automation tools and a beautiful inline preview for Markdown, TaskPaper, and Fountain documents.
* Inline Markdown/Fountain Preview – With Editorial's subtle syntax highlighting, you can see your document's formatting immediately while you're writing. And when you need a full HTML preview, it's just a swipe away.
* Extensible with Workflows and Scripts – Select from over 50 text processing actions to create your own workflows for extending Editorial's feature set. For even more advanced automation, you can write Python scripts with an integrated code and UI editor.
* Dropbox Sync – The sync folder is customizable, so you can easily edit your documents with multiple apps.
* Smart Keyboard – The extended keyboard was specifically designed for writing Markdown and includes all the special characters you need. You can also control the cursor with simple swipe gestures.
* Snippets – Quickly insert frequently-used pieces of text by typing abbreviations. Snippets can include dynamic text, e.g. the current date or clipboard contents. TextExpander™ snippets are also supported.
* In-App Browser – If you need to do some quick research while writing, you don't have to leave the app for that. You can even open multiple tabs.
* "Folding" allows you to quickly hide individual sections of your document while you're writing.
*** *** ***
“It would be hard to imagine a better editor, let alone recommend one that actually exists.” — The Verge
“This is it. Editorial sets a new standard for third-party iOS automation, and, for me, there’s no going back.” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Editorial just reinvented iOS text editing.” — Merlin Mann
Bugfixes for Dropbox sync and workflows with custom UI.
Ratings and Reviews
Really good app for list keeping. It has taskpaper formatting and sync with Dropbox. So I can keep all my lists sync'd across devices (iPhone, mac). Haven't found any bugs seems very well written and better than other competitors (save yourself a few pound from buying and testing others) this one is the best iv found
Excellent for TaskPaper
Seems to be by far the best iOS app for TaskPaper out there. Takes a small amount of set-up to make it do all the things a TaskPaper App should do - but it then does so brilliantly. Plus it does a lot more things as a text editor etc if desired.
Great app, but could really do with an update for iPhone X if possible!
Brilliant but near-abandoned
Hopefully Ole Zorn will have time to come back to Editorial at some point and update it, bringing it into the same class as Pythonista 3.
I really think there’s a need for BOTH of these apps, and would happily pay for a new ‘Editorial 2’.
As for this Editorial, it’s my favourite iOS text editor. Great automation features. Great Working Copy integration for working with git repos.
- Ole Zorn
- 280.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 omz:software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.