Eat healthy is very important but it is often difficult to put into practice. Edo helps you to understand what's on food labels so you can know exactly what's inside your food and choose consciously. You have just to scan the barcode printed on each food product and Edo will show you how healthy it is for you with a 0-10 rating.
Besides, Edo also indicate:
• if it's Gluten Free
• if it's Lactose Free
• healthier alternatives for you
• pros and cons about ingredients and nutrition facts
Edo will suits your lifestyle and will custom results according your specific dietary requirements:
• Gluten or lactose intolerant? With Edo you'll find products you can safely eat and find healthier alternatives excluding incompatible products.
• Vegetarian or Vegan? Edo guides you into choosing products that are compatible with your lifestyle, excluding unsuitable alternatives.
• Are you a pregnant woman? Find out which are the products that are healthier for your baby.
• Tailor-made: Edo uses your physical parameters and the level of your physical activity in order to calculate custom results that help you choosing what fits best your diet.
• Take control: Edo allows you to exclude from what you eat dyes, preservatives, and more!
• Follow your diet: adapt our scoring algorithm to your personal habits and requirements for sugars, fats, and other nutrients.
• Set your allergies: eggs, peanuts, milk, soy, nuts, sesame, lupine, shellfish, mustard, legumes, fish or celery. Edo will tell you if the product contains an incompatible ingredient and it will suggest alternatives suitable to you!
How many products did you analyze?
Edo's database is composed by thousands of products, added and updated every day. But if you don't find a product you could send photos and you will receive a notification once we inserted it.
How Edo works?
Edo's sophisticated algorithm, developed in cooperation with the University of Bologna (Food Science and Technologies), calculates a "tailor-made" rating, considering user's data (i.e. age, gender, weight) and analyzing ingredients and nutrition facts printed on food labels.
Edo is integrated with HealthKit, so you can automatically load you personal data and keep them updated. You can just go to you profile screen and enable HealthKit option.
You can remove ads through a non-consumable in-app purchase [0,79£]. It will be charged on your iTunes account when you confirm the purchase.
Edo starts a new program with the support of pharmaceutical company Servier to help patients affected by diabetes.
** Do you like Edo? Write a review and help us growing! **
Ratings and Reviews
Hard to tell
It's possibly a good app for people conscious about health and food. However, it is difficult to see its potential without a premium account. I wish they offered a free trial at least for a week. If the app is as good as suggested surely the 'trialists' would continue using the premium. Bottom line is that with so many inadequate apps on the market I just don't want to risk it.
Edo, reconsider your business model.
Comparison no good.
If you look up eg. Gluten free muffins and ask for alternatives, it gives you a list of products that Contain gluten. More work needs to be done, so when searching for products with specific dietary needs, it then doesn't show you foods that would make you extremely ill, if not worse.
Note, this review would not let me post unless I selected at least 2 stars.
This app is quite good it's also very simple and tells me information about the food I'm eating just by scanning the barcode. Would recommend it.
- Edo Srl
- 45.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Edo srl
- In-App Purchases
- Remove ads £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.