Eggy Words 250 is an application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words. Sight words are words that readers should know automatically “at sight”, such as he, the, was and where. This app covers the first 250 sight words using a fun and motivating game to keep kids learning.
Learning to read is an important milestone in every child’s life. Knowing these sight words makes fluent reading easier, which lets the brain focus on the real enjoyment of reading – comprehension – understanding and enjoying what you read.
Eggs Words 250 is brought to you by the team behind the popular educational website Reading Eggs. Developed by educators with more than 20 years experience, the program comes highly recommended by parents and teachers worldwide.
- 10 levels with 25 words in each, making a total of 250 sight words.
- First 4 levels are unlocked
- Fun and motivating game suitable for children aged 3+ years
- Most common, highest frequency words are introduced first
- Multisensory approach - combining voice and written words
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States
- Flying eggs with the correct word to be swiped
- 3 lives per level
- Lives are lost when bad eggs, distractions and wrong words are swiped
- Mini eggs provide extra lives
- Jigsaw eggs build a surprise jigsaw
- The word is spelt at the end of each lesson
- Egg ratings to be earned for every level
- Egg critters with unique animations hatch at the end of a level
- Bonus level with 100 golden eggs
- Trophies earned for completing 25 levels
Update to work with 64-bit.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be so much better!
This game could be so much better than it is. My 5 year old's school recommended the website, so I thought we'd try the apps. The game is too slow, then too fast. The word you are looking for appears too infrequently and it becomes boring. As a result it wasn't long before my son discovered it's more fun to lose. The comedy consequences to getting it wrong are far more rewarding than riding out the boredom of waiting 20 seconds for the right word to appear. The app tells the child to "swipe" the egg, which often results in hitting another wrong egg at the same time. It's better to just tap. Once you reach 15 words, the game speeds up and the eggs get smaller. On an iPhone screen this doesn't work well. The eggs move far too fast and the writing is hard to read on the patterned eggs. The game has potential, but the instructions need to be clearer, the word frequency needs improvement and why doesn't it link to your website account so you can track child's progress?
App hangs. Black screen after title loading page. Not good for any app, especially a paid for one.
App doesn't open! Want my money back
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 78 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.