By Tommy Westerberg
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Monitors your electricity in case of a power outage and sounds an alarm if the power is gone. Useful if you need to be notified of a power cut right away, like if you have a burglar alarm, freezer, heater, aquarium or if it's just very cold outside!
It's extremely simple:
1. Connect your iPhone/iPod directly to a wall outlet via your USB power adapter. Do not connect via a computer USB.
2. Start the app. Your are now monitoring your electricity.
3. Place the iPhone/iPod on a table with the screen facing down. The screen will automatically be turned off and the monitoring continues in the background until you quit the app. If the power is cut you will be alerted by an alarm and vibration (iPhone only)
iPhone only feature: If you lift the iPhone, the screen will be turned on and you can see what time it is on the built in clock. Great as bedside clock.
The app also works as a simple anti-theft alarm if someone disconnects your device while it's charging.
Please share your success stories using this app!
Works like a charm!
I downloaded this because my house mains supply was constantly tripping at the CB. I was worried that during the night it would do it again and low and behold it did at 4am and this crafty app woke me up pronto so I could reset the trip. It turned out to be a leaky outside light tripping it. If only the app could fix the electric wiring at the same time :-)
- Category: Utilities
- Released: 30 January 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Tommy Westerberg
- © Agile Dimension
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.