“I have found Emerge invaluable when meeting parents. I can show them behaviour, achievement and attendance information, when we are talking and looking up other relevant information it is immediate. It is great for taking registration on-the-go!"
Groupcall Emerge gives key staff within your school secure access to your MIS data anywhere, anytime. Emerge Mobile is the companion app to Emerge Desktop, allowing you to perform a variety of common tasks on the move, including:
• Attendance registers: take session (AM/PM) and/or lesson registers.
• Dinner registers: primary schools can record dinner choices during morning registration.
• Fire registers: take a quick and simple fire register - know instantly who is missing and should be there.
• Behaviour: record behaviour incidents; record who, what, where, when and why – and include photographic and video evidence to upload to your MIS (where available).
• Achievements: record good behaviour, significant achievements or other events and include pictures of the achievement to upload to your MIS (where available).
• Assessment: record assessment marks against marksheets anywhere, anytime.
• Assessment without levels: record progress towards outcomes with the new assessment without levels (i.e. programmes of study) from your device.
• Student details: assess a student’s record to review their timetable, attendance history, behaviour events and more.
• Staff details: access limited staff details, including timetables.
• Review a range of summary reports, or see how your school is performing against its KPIs using the ‘Today’ screen.
• Help me: raise the alarm to an emergency situation such as a poorly child, by sending an emergency broadcast to other staff as SMS or email.
• Messenger integration: send a message to an individual or group of parents directly from the app (requires a subscription to Groupcall Messenger).
Data updates are written to the school MIS immediately, or as soon as you return to WiFi or mobile data* coverage. *(Emerge will use your device’s standard data allowance to fulfil this, if enabled).
“Emerge has revolutionised the way we take registers. It is really beneficial to the efficient running of the school with all information at your fingertips.”
What can I do with Emerge Mobile?
• Take registration wherever you are: on a school trip, in a temporary classroom, on the sports field – anywhere. No paper printouts required!
• Record accurate dinner registers every day at the same time as normal AM registration – no extra effort. Proven to save primary schools THOUSANDS of pounds per year just by reducing waste.
• Record behaviour and achievement events and capture the evidence in a snap using your device’s native hardware.
• Access student details wherever you are: have medical information securely to hand when on a trip, or emergency contact details should the worst happen.
• Record assessments whenever you need for any marksheet – perfect for the school field, in the staff room or at home!
• See a range of summary reports conveniently filtered by groups of interest; anytime, anywhere - including:
--- Daily and yearly attendance.
--- Behaviour and achievement events by type, activity, location and status.
--- A list of students with birthdays for today.
• Review individual students' attendance summaries for early intervention and to reduce absenteeism: improve the speed and convenience of taking registers, make missing students quicker to identify and act upon, and spot patterns of absence - proven to help stamp out persistent absence.
Emerge Mobile requires a subscription to Emerge and server-enabled components to operate. If your school is not yet subscribed to use Emerge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Visit www.groupcall.com for information about which MIS products are currently supported by Emerge, as well as the latest features.
We have extensively improved Emerge’s data connection to the server and your MIS. This includes new tools and indicators telling you when a data connection is established, when you have saved data to write back, and allows you to see the status of your write-backs and databases, including tools to test or diagnose these. Behind the scenes too have been improvements to the database syncs and the robustness of the connections.
Ratings and Reviews
Great mobile MIS
This app allows you to access your schools MIS system (SIMS) via any iOS device.
It does tend to chug on iPhone 3G but on 3GS, 4's and iPads it works like a dream. Groupcall have been great with set up and install and are really improving the software with the new versions. This latest update allows users to complete other peoples registers rather than just their own. The system will work offline and re-sync when back in school wifi range. Grey for people such as PE departments. Access to student details, timetables and behaviour reports are great and really help dealing with student when patrolling the school.
We are now rolling out to SMT members, heads of house and looking at other uses. Only reason I've not given 5 stars is this version is playing up on the old 3G handsets.
Great User Friendly App
Schools have been waiting for mobile access to MIS data for a long time and I'm pleased to say that Emerge has ticked that box!
Teachers can now easily record attendance both in the classroom and off-site e.g. school trips. In addition, they have flexible access to core MIS data via this user friendly App.
The ability to record behaviour and achievement using the latest version is exactly what schools want. Great!!
Ignore the people who couldn't get this to work. Ive used in multiple schools and when the firewall and server are set correctly this is very fast, easy to manage and well received app.
It does take planning though and a decent internet connection to get it to work properly off site. Support is good when they are needed.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.