Empire: Total War - Gold Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Victory! Empire: Total War - Gold Edition is one of the Mac App Store’s Best Games of 2012!
Command the seas, conquer the land, build an Empire.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
An epic game of real-time tactics which combines turn-based empire building with massive 3D real-time battles on land and at sea. Charged with the fortunes of a nation, you must use diplomacy, trade and military force to establish it as the dominant power of the 18th Century.
Decide the strategy behind the development and expansion of your empire. Expand your borders through conquest or diplomatic cunning. Conquer overseas territories to establish colonies and profitable trade networks. Take command of the battlefield and patrol the open seas to defeat your enemies and shape the contours of history.
• Empire: Total War - Gold Edition contains all game updates, improvements and downloadable content, including The Warpath Campaign and four unit packs: the Special Forces Units and the Elite Units of the East, West and America.
• Rule one of 12 nations from Europe, America and the Indian subcontinent, and govern your fledgling empire across a massive campaign map.
• Set the strategy, dictate the tactics and command your troops during battles involving thousands of soldiers.
• Take to the high seas and lead war fleets bristling with cannon in superb recreations of 18th Century naval warfare.
• Experience combat in astonishing detail using full camera control to zoom in on accurate character animations.
• Forge alliances, share knowledge and negotiate trade routes as you engage in diplomacy with other nations.
• Play as George Washington in the revolutionary campaign Road to Independence and lead the Continental army against the might of the British Empire.
• Recreate landmark battles from one of the most turbulent periods of world history, including Bunker Hill, Fontenoy and Rossbach.
• Compete online in an intense one-on-one multiplayer mode (OS X 10.8 required).
Important information regarding Empire: Total War - Gold Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 15GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Empire: Total War - Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/game/empire
© SEGA. The Creative Assembly, Total War, Empire: Total War and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved. Uses Miles Sound System. Copyright ©1991-2012 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Portions of this software utilize SpeedTree® technology (©2003-2007 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc.). SpeedTree® is a registered trademark of Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Fixes a bug which prevents running on 4GB graphics cards.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Great game, runs well on MacBook Air 2011
Was a little hesitant to buy this, as not too sure how it would run on my 2011 MacBook Air (4GB RAM, 128 SSD, 1.7 ghz), plus I wasn’t too sure how the battles would match up to RTW. It does run hotter and louder than RTW, and it does occassionally crash, but I think it’s a much better game. The diplomacy is more involved, you have a tech tree which opens up new units, plus the addition of government types and trade works well. The battles (I think) are excellent, very involved, plus you have the naval battles. These take a little getting used to, but works well, although am puzzled as to why some nations (e.g. Maratha) don’t get to build rocket ships and steamships even when they have the tech. As an added bonus, this game seems to work best at the highest resolution setting (strangely). Recommended (at the lower price definitely - not sure I’d pay £28 for it).
Played this game for several hours had no trouble was great! as soon as i reloaded my save thats when trouble statred the arrow keys wouldn’t work to move camera around. When i attacked, moved or tryed to build something some thing other menus stared coming up like government menu etc…….. the worst part was when i did manage to get into a battle the camera stayed zoomed in to the troops i tryed zooming out it zoomed straight back in! so i could see nothing to what my army was doing nor what the enemy army where doing i tried everything to solves these issuses but nothing seemed to work! im so disappointed when i payed almost 30 quid for this!!!
Crashes make it not worth the risk
Totally immersive game, and I enjoy the Total War franchise. But I also experience the death crash halfway through a campaign which stops any further progress (no matter how often you’ve saved, you can’t save it again without crashing). So why bother taking the risk of playng in the first place? Feral support are very responsive but told me they can’t do anything. Surely this needs an upgrade now and some attention from the developers to work out what’s going wrong here for so many potentially loyal clients who are now alienated as a result of this problem. Will they respond and reclaim us?
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 December 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 13.08 GB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © SEGA. Developed and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.4 or later