Empire: Total War - Gold Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Victory! Empire: Total War - Gold Edition is one of the Mac App Store’s Best Games of 2012!
Command the seas, conquer the land, build an Empire.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
An epic game of real-time tactics which combines turn-based empire building with massive 3D real-time battles on land and at sea. Charged with the fortunes of a nation, you must use diplomacy, trade and military force to establish it as the dominant power of the 18th Century.
Decide the strategy behind the development and expansion of your empire. Expand your borders through conquest or diplomatic cunning. Conquer overseas territories to establish colonies and profitable trade networks. Take command of the battlefield and patrol the open seas to defeat your enemies and shape the contours of history.
• Empire: Total War - Gold Edition contains all game updates, improvements and downloadable content, including The Warpath Campaign and four unit packs: the Special Forces Units and the Elite Units of the East, West and America.
• Rule one of 12 nations from Europe, America and the Indian subcontinent, and govern your fledgling empire across a massive campaign map.
• Set the strategy, dictate the tactics and command your troops during battles involving thousands of soldiers.
• Take to the high seas and lead war fleets bristling with cannon in superb recreations of 18th Century naval warfare.
• Experience combat in astonishing detail using full camera control to zoom in on accurate character animations.
• Forge alliances, share knowledge and negotiate trade routes as you engage in diplomacy with other nations.
• Play as George Washington in the revolutionary campaign Road to Independence and lead the Continental army against the might of the British Empire.
• Recreate landmark battles from one of the most turbulent periods of world history, including Bunker Hill, Fontenoy and Rossbach.
• Compete online in an intense one-on-one multiplayer mode (OS X 10.8 required).
Important information regarding Empire: Total War - Gold Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 15GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Empire: Total War - Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/game/empire
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Fixes a bug which prevents running on 4GB graphics cards.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Great game, runs well on MacBook Air 2011
Was a little hesitant to buy this, as not too sure how it would run on my 2011 MacBook Air (4GB RAM, 128 SSD, 1.7 ghz), plus I wasn’t too sure how the battles would match up to RTW. It does run hotter and louder than RTW, and it does occassionally crash, but I think it’s a much better game. The diplomacy is more involved, you have a tech tree which opens up new units, plus the addition of government types and trade works well. The battles (I think) are excellent, very involved, plus you have the naval battles. These take a little getting used to, but works well, although am puzzled as to why some nations (e.g. Maratha) don’t get to build rocket ships and steamships even when they have the tech. As an added bonus, this game seems to work best at the highest resolution setting (strangely). Recommended (at the lower price definitely - not sure I’d pay £28 for it).
A bit of a joke
The game itself is great. However, considering that I paid a signficant amount of money I would have thought that it would at least run properly. Out of the 6 or 7 campaign games I have started, I have had to quit 5 of them as at certain random points the game will crash. Without fail. To the point where I cannot continue on that campaign. I mean seriously guys, i paid a lot of money at least do me the favour of giving me a game that won't crash so often.
Its a bit of a joke really that they can't get that right.
Well Worth The money
Well worth the money demonstrates use of real life battle tactics. You have a working industry well worth the money if you enjoy total war games. Please dont buy it and expect it to be your favourite game just enjoy and have fun. I am grateful to feral interactive for transfering this game from pc to mac
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 December 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 13.08 GB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © SEGA. The Creative Assembly, Total War, Empire: Total War and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved. Uses Miles Sound System. Copyright ©1991-2012 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Portions of this software utilize SpeedTree® technology (©2003-2007 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc.). SpeedTree® is a registered trademark of Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.4 or later