Collect, collaborate, create from anywhere with the EndNote app - the world's most popular research management tool. With flexible tools for searching, organizing, sharing research, and creating bibliographies, the EndNote app extends your ability to stay on top of cutting edge research and connect with your EndNote library on the go.
EndNote enables you to easily view, edit, organize, and share research material on your iOS device. By syncing your research library across iOS, online, and desktop, you increase the power of EndNote by gaining seamless access to your reference library from multiple devices and platforms.
The EndNote app includes:
- Sign up for a free, EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X9 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Clarivate Analytics Web of Science, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online and on the X9 desktop
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation
EndNote for iPad is now EndNote!
New in v3.0.1:
* Fixed PDF reindexing issue on first launch.
* Updated text and contact links.
New in v3.0:
* iPhone support.
* iPad split screen support.
* Enhanced PDF viewing and annotation controls.
* Improved file sharing options, including Airdrop and Messages.
* Improved Drag & Drop support. Attach files by dragging them from the Files app in Split Screen mode.
* Fixed issue where downloading large numbers of attachments could cause the app to shutdown.
* Several other more minor bug fixes.
We are working hard to improve the user experience for all of our customers. Thank you for your feedback.
For help or to leave feedback, please visit us at: http://endnote.com/ios/contact
Ratings and Reviews
Endnote for iPad is likely intended as a companion app to the desktop experience, itself sometime of a frustrating experience. Here, papers are marked as favourites - but the desktop uses star ratings. Here, syncing with your online library occasionally just stops working, so you have to delete the app and reload everything. Except it crashes. So now I have to manually look through around 2,000 items and choose to make the attachments available offline.
Crashes, glaring conflicts with the companion apps, and no real confidence that it might change anytime soon. I’m pretty locked into Endnote but look at the alternatives before you commit.
Oh my, they have done an itty-bitty update! Ok, so here is what they still don't have, which software produced even by one-man bands (as opposed to huge multi-nationals) does have: autofill of journal/book details; 'smart' (query) groups'; different style options with import of styles from Zotero; any way to see annotations in a list, separate from the PDF file; easy export of PDF annotations; library switching; an easy way to view static and smart groups...Is this really the best these folk can do? On the very limited plus side, a very nice UI.
I assumed that I would need to have the paid version of endnote for the app to be any use, however I was totally wrong, it is amazing! Perfect for annotating PDFs, and very smooth and simple to use. I always use endnote on my iPad now instead of the web version on my laptop.
- Clarivate Analytics (US) LLC
- 108.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Clarivate Analytics
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.