English Sounds: Pronunciation & Phonetics
By Cambridge English Online Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn, teach and perfect ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION and PHONETICS wherever you are with our TEN fun, interactive activities and resources. Brought to you by the creators of the English-Speaking Union President’s AWARD-WINNING Phonetics Focus apps, it’s a perfect choice for teaching and learning the SOUNDS of ENGLISH.
It’s the most interactive way to help MEMORIZE phonetics, pronunciation and the PHONEMIC CHART. Designed to help STUDENTS take the guesswork out of pronunciation/become more confident speakers, and for TEACHERS to maximize their teaching potential.
Take a look at this great-value app’s FEATURES:
- The most complete PHONETIC TYPEWRITER available – Create, save, share, tweet or post your phonetic spellings. You can even add/share your own pronunciation via email. It’s perfect for teaching and learning! Ideal for free practice, either alone or in class.
- 2 ‘Tilt & Play’ MAZE GAMES: Sound + Symbol/Missing Sound versions
Use your pronunciation and phonetics skills, along to escape the maze. Watch out for the little devils!
- 3 MATCHING GAMES – Sound + Symbol/Missing Sound/Real + Phonetic Spelling versions
How many moves does it take you to match all the pairs?
- 3 TYPE-IN QUIZZES – Phonetic Reading/Phonetic Typing/Listen & Type versions
Helping you to practise your reading, listening and phonetic spelling. What’s your best score?
- Interactive PHONEMIC CHART with ‘Record your own voice’ function. Over 100 words (with phonetic spellings with highlighted sounds + symbols and high quality audio) to help you improve your pronunciation of the 44 sounds of British English.
- Supported by creative learning/TEACHING TIPS and ideas.
***English Sounds: Pronunciation & Phonetics is also available as an iPad app. Great for ‘big screen’ pronunciation practice!***
+Free Phonetics Focus Web Zone: http://bit.ly/1r0o9Ug
+Free English Idioms Interactive Web Zone:http://bit.ly/1zdssS4
WHO is English Sounds: Pronunciation & Phonetics for?
Anyone who teaches English or is learning English can benefit from our app:
- If you are an English language learner, of any age and from any country, we provide you with new, exciting ways to learn, practise and improve your pronunciation and knowledge of phonetics.
- If you are a language teacher looking for stimulating, high-quality pronunciation/phonetics resources to help your students, this is for you.
- If you are a trainee teacher studying towards your CELTA or TESOL qualifications, wanting to master the sounds of English/phonetics, this is for you.
- If you are a non-native English speaking teacher who needs help teaching students the sounds of English correctly, this is for you.
- If you are a linguistics student, at undergraduate or postgraduate level, this is a highly useful resource.
- If you want the most-complete Phonetic Typewriter, with full sharing functionality, this is the app for you.
Different learners…. Different problems
At Cambridge English Online we understand that speakers of different languages from around the world often have different pronunciation problems too. So, we’ve tried to include many of the commonly mispronounced sounds to help you avoid and CORRECT them, no matter what your first language is.
***This is the perfect partner for our Phonetics Focus & Phonetics Showdown apps!***
Our Phonetics Focus apps were winners of The English-Speaking Union President’s Award 2011 and British Council ELTons Awards 2012 - Digital Innovation nominee! Check inside these apps for your chance to win great pronunciation titles from Cambridge University Press, in our free monthly prize draw!
**Please email email@example.com with any comments, questions or suggestions.
No Sound? Easy to fix!
Some iPhone users occasionally have no sound on some apps. To fix it:
- Go to Settings > General > Use Side Switch to: > Set to ‘Mute’
- Slide the Side Switch button so that red dot does NOT show. Make sure the audio level is turned up. Mute is now OFF.
- Category: Education
- Released: 28 February 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Cambridge English Online Ltd
- © Cambridge English Online Ltd. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.