By Concept2, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** DISCONTINUED PRODUCT **
Concept2 suggests looking at ErgData App which now includes voice features for visually impaired, works with PM3 and PM4, and does not require Wahoo Key. Concept2 understands that ErgBuddy provides some advantages for some customers, so it will remain in the iTunes app store until June 1, 2014.
ErgBuddy displays performance data from your Concept2 Indoor Rower providing a large, bright display which is particularly useful when rowing in a dimly lit or dark room.
Fully compatible with the iOS VoiceOver feature, ErgBuddy can also announce your performance data at regular intervals, making it an ideal training partner for the blind and visually impaired.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To use this program, there are some system requirements:
1) Wahoo Key (formerly "Fisica Sensor Key").
2) Concept2 rowing machine with PM4 monitor. Any rowing machine or PM4 monitor purchased before December 2012 may require a free firmware update to the PM4 monitor.
See www.concept2.com/ErgBuddy for more detailed information.
If you cannot connect your PM4 to ErgBuddy, you may need a firmware update. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
History of ErgBuddy: This project was started as a demonstration to show that it was possible to connect an iOS device to the PM4 and was shown at CES 2011. Visually impaired customers gave Concept2 feedback that this was an important development as the results could be spoken. As a result, Concept2 expedited the publishing specifically for this market. ErgBuddy is a low-frills free app specifically for this market.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
- Fixed issue with SPM not being displayed
- Fixed issue with split time jump to 0 at end of workout
- Fixed issue with split average pace being incorrect during the workout
- Detect old AP1 Fisica keys and display warning if inserted
- Display "Ski" instead of "Row" when Ski Erg detected
- Added a rowing inactivity timer. When no rowing is detected for 15 minutes, device is allowed to sleep.
- Display of PM4 device number is now the complete serial number. Voice over speaks "Connected to PM serial number ending in XXXX".
NOTE: Some customers have indicated problems using iPhone 4S, Concept2 is aware of the issue and working on a solution. Please report any issues to email@example.com.
As of 1/6/2012 works with PM4's both old and new.
For PM4 older than 2008, use Ver 28 or higher
For PM4 from 2008 and newer use Ver 318 or higher
Firmware is available using the Concept2 Utility program. Ensure you click on the GEAR icon, select "I want beta firmware", then "Check Now".
We learn from our mistakes
Sadly, I purchased my Wahoo iPad key without realising that it doesn't work with PM4 Firmware version 26, and it isn't compatible with all ANT+ compatible HRM chest belts.
It's in the fine print, but then you only read the fine print when things go wrong.
Would love row pro functionality in an iPad app - is this on the way? First priority is storing/uploading data.
For the guys that bought a wassica key - get Digifit, you will love it! Also Concept folks - please consider interfacing with these guys - would dearly love that!
Won't currently work at all for PM4 monitors acquired pre-2008 - check your monitor and website before buying a wahoo key.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 13 September 2011
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Concept2, Inc.
- © 2011 Concept2, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.