** Please read requirements and limitations before purchasing **
More information is available at concept2.com/ergdata
ErgData is a free iOS application designed to run on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch. For full use, ErgData requires a connection to a Concept2 Indoor Rower, BikeErg or SkiErg. This may be either a wireless connection to a Concept2 PM5, or a special cable for PM3 or PM4. Once connected, ErgData provides additional statistics, stores and displays your workout results, and uploads your workouts to the Concept2 Online Logbook. It also offers the enhanced visibility of a backlit display.
- Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model), SkiErg or BikeErg with PM3, PM4, or PM5 monitor.
Note: Updating the firmware (software) in the PM3, PM4, or PM5 may be required.
- iPhone 4S or later, or an iPod touch 5 or later. iOS 9 or higher.
- If using a PM3 or PM4 a cable may be available from liverowing.com
- If using a PM5 then a connection may be made using Bluetooth Smart instead of a cable. A firmware update to the PM5 may be required for all Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs shipped before Jan 1, 2015.
See concept2.com/ErgData or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information
- Displays your workout data in real time.
- Offers a choice of two screens:
1) Screen similar to your Performance Monitor (showing choice of watts, Calories, or current pace) plus two additional pieces of data from the list below.
2) Screen showing:
-> Drive Length
-> Drive Time
-> Average Force
-> Peak Force
-> Drag Factor
-> Stroke Count
- Replaces your LogCard: ErgData logs all your workouts, including intervals, splits and heart rate information. (Suggestion: Do not use LogCard with ErgData or this feature will not work)
- Syncs workouts with the Concept2 Online Logbook.
- Works with the Health app. Saves heart rate, Calories and basic workout data. Syncs with the user's weight.
- Displays weight-adjusted scores.
- Allows you to view different units on your monitor and iOS device (for example, you can display watts on the iPhone while viewing average pace on the monitor).
- Collects heart rate information from PM4 or PM5 when the PM4 or PM5 is connected to a heart rate measuring device.
- Displays your workout information on a color, backlit screen.
There are some things about Concept2's LogCard that ErgData does NOT do:
- ReRow workouts
- Store Favorite workouts
- Store Game scores (like Fish Game)
Use NFC to connect to newer PM5 (requires iOS 11 and iPhone 7 or greater and PM5 with Green Concept2 Logo).
German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, French, Slovak and Spanish language support.
Improvements for iPhone X.
Fix crash with syncing with LogBook on RowingCoach created workouts.
Indicate BikeErg and SkiErg when saving workouts to Apple Health.
Fix bug with workout synced down without a time zone.
Ratings and Reviews
Good solid app works great with additional phone mount
This is a good solid which helps to see additional information and allows for syncing to the web. However, it would be nice if it included some rowing visuals or worked in background so I could watch something else on my phone. Also iPhone X full screen capability would be nice. Failing that a paid for version with these features would be appreciated.
Update: Sorry it does work in background so I can watch a video at the same time.
Broken Bluetooth connection
This app needs a major update. I am seriously frustrated that since iOS v11.2 / ErgData v1.3.5 the app drops the wireless connection to the PM5 randomly mid workout and the data is lost. The PM5 Bluetooth connection hangs and only removing the battery revives the monitor. I think I’ve identified that after one interval the app displays the popup asking if you have finished the workout, despite pressing ‘No’ the connection is lost soon after. Please sort this out urgently otherwise there’s little point in keeping a logbook. You also really need to refresh the UX and UI of the app as it’s truly awful.
This has all the makings of a useful App but it appears to be incomplete.
Using the Concept 2 Bluetooth, it provides a whole raft of data some of which are obvious but others need more explanation.
Also, once you set up another workout the current data reverts to zeros and do not appear to be recoverable for comparison purposes. That is very annoying since it appears to defeat the benefit of the App.
- Concept2, Inc.
- 17.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Concept2
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.