Errands To-Do List
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Errands is a task manager with a pleasing design and is easy to learn and use. Crafted with a blend of basic and advanced features: Folders, Checklists, Task Images, Scheduling & Repeating, Alerts (alarms), Automatic Badge Updating, Calendar View, Mail Tasks, Multiple View Modes, Search and more!
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• The overall user interface is tastefully designed with careful attention to detail and functionality.
• A universal app with full support for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
• Full support for iCloud Sync (Premium). This allows you to keep Errands in sync on multiple iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad).
• Supports Background App Refresh, a new feature of iOS 7 which helps to keep your devices in sync with each other.
• Alerts (reminders) for tasks, with choice of sound and several repeat options. Plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Both of these work even when Errands is not actively running.
• Customizable folders, so you can organize your tasks to best suit your needs (for example, Work, Home, Errands). You can have as many folders as you wish and folder attributes (name, icon, checkbox) are fully customizable.
• A Focus Folder which is based on a "star" system. You can toggle the "star" state for any task by tapping on the star icon. When a task comes due it will be auto-starred. This makes the Focus Folder very useful for quickly glancing at what you need to do NOW. The badge icon will reflect the number of tasks in the Focus Folder, keeping you up-to-date on what tasks need attention.
• A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates. To access it, tap on the calendar icon on the bottom toolbar. The calendar displays items based on the current folder you are in. To see all tasks, choose the calendar from the All Tasks folder.
• View options allows you to switch between normal view (4 tasks per screen) and condensed view (8 tasks per screen).
• Mail tasks (single tasks as well as entire folders).
• You can select from a built-in collection of image icons, choose a photo from your library, or take a new photo to customize your tasks.
• A unique feature allows notes to be viewed as a checklist. This is particularly handy for small shopping lists, multi-step tasks, etc.
• Tasks can be scheduled with a due date / time. There is a full range of repeating options.
• A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
• Tasks can be sorted by various schemes as well as arranged manually.
• Each task has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
• Customize Errands to fit your tastes using the in-app Settings.
ABOUT THE PREMIUM UPGRADE
Errands is NOT a lite version or crippled in any way. It is the complete app! If you enjoy it, please consider purchasing the Premium Upgrade. It will provide food for me and my dog as well as support continued development. Thanks for your support!
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM ERRANDS
• Explore the app, play around with its features and settings.
• There is a Mini User's Guide in the Settings.
• Please visit yoctoville.com for some answers to Frequently Asked Questions and to get personalized support if needed.
SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS
I take pride in the software I write. Please use the contact form at yoctoville.com/support to contact me regarding praise, suggestions, problems, etc. I look forward to helping you get the most out of Errands.
Errands is in active development and frequent updates are in the pipeline.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Design refresh for iOS 7.
• Major improvements to Errands iCloud Sync for iOS 7 (easier setup, faster sync, more reliable).
• Supports Background App Refresh, a new feature of iOS 7 which helps keep your devices in sync with each other.
• Added Settings > General > Alerts & Sounds for full control (especially useful if you are running Errands on multiple devices).
• Many bug fixes and small enhancements.
• 4.0.2 fixes a few small bugs in the 4.0 release.
NOTE: Errands retains support for iOS 5 & 6, but the codebase and design remain largely unchanged for these older versions of iOS. It is recommended that you update to iOS 7 for the best experience with Errands.
** If you are enjoying Errands, please leave a new rating in the App Store. It really means a lot!
I've not been using this app for very long - about 1 month. But it's great - everything I was looking for! And believe me, I've tried and deleted a few apps that don't meet requirements. It's worth taking time to have a play and set up the folders - it's not hard but worth taking a quiet hour to sit din and figure it out. So all my lists are organised and in one place with reminders. I have one set up for my kids birthdays and Christmas - I can add gift ideas as I think of them so come September I'll be ready to go shopping! My weekly groceries are all organised - I can add the items I need every week and through the checklist I can tick them off but also retain them for inclusion in the next week without the need to constantly re-add them. Errands, to do, things to remember. It's an organised list-makers paradise! Love it. Oh while I'm here, try the developers alarm clock (no I'm not paid to say this or family) best alarm clock ever!
I love this app, it's really useful. Lots of control over the look of your tasks, you can create your own folders and put helpful pictures on them, repeating tasks can be set for a particular date (the 20th every month), day (every 2nd Tuesday of the month) or for a set period after you actually completed the task (no need to have clean towels until a week after you actually changed them, even if that was a day or two later than planned!)
The only things I would like to make it perfect are 'nag every 10-15 min' as an alert option and the facility to set the time period each day that the nagging will take place. If your phone is on overnight and you have a task set to nag every hour it can wake you up when it does so at 3am!
All in all though, very useful (especially the back up via iCloud feature in the pro version).
Great App - Don't Know How I Got By Without It!
I wanted to find something to keep me organised because my memory is shocking. This is prefect.
I have only had it for just over a month. I have set up folders for different things like work, social, errands and birthdays. I can view them all or just specific bits at a swipe. I love how i can set up reoccurring events and check lists. It is really user friendly. Got my shopping list, a reminder to take my medicine and all my errands and work rotas entered on here, so there is no excuse (other than I forgot to program it in!).
I did email the developer as I was wondering if you could have different coloured notes for different tasks instead of just different symbols. He came back to me very quickly which I think is great (and he confirmed its something he's looking at). It's rare these days to get good customer communication, so another tick in the box.
I went out last weekend, and it came up with a little 1 on the icon and I thought what is that about, I have nothing on today. It was a reminder to buy a birthday card for a friend. Would have totally forgotten if I hadn't got this app (and you know, programmed it in!).
Thanks for developing this app, I really don't know what I'd do without it now.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 25 September 2013
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: David Mandell
- © 2009-2013 David Mandell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium£2.29