Errands To-Do List
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Errands is a task manager with a pleasing design and is easy to learn and use. Crafted with a blend of basic and advanced features: Folders, Checklists, Task Images, Scheduling & Repeating, Alerts (alarms), Automatic Badge Updating, Calendar View, Mail Tasks, Multiple View Modes, Search and more!
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• The overall user interface is tastefully designed with careful attention to detail and functionality.
• A universal app with full support for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
• Full support for iCloud Sync (Premium). This allows you to keep Errands in sync on multiple iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad).
• Supports Background App Refresh, a new feature of iOS 7 which helps to keep your devices in sync with each other.
• Alerts (reminders) for tasks, with choice of sound and several repeat options. Plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Both of these work even when Errands is not actively running.
• Customizable folders, so you can organize your tasks to best suit your needs (for example, Work, Home, Errands). You can have as many folders as you wish and folder attributes (name, icon, checkbox) are fully customizable.
• A Focus Folder which is based on a "star" system. You can toggle the "star" state for any task by tapping on the star icon. When a task comes due it will be auto-starred. This makes the Focus Folder very useful for quickly glancing at what you need to do NOW. The badge icon will reflect the number of tasks in the Focus Folder, keeping you up-to-date on what tasks need attention.
• A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates. To access it, tap on the calendar icon on the bottom toolbar. The calendar displays items based on the current folder you are in. To see all tasks, choose the calendar from the All Tasks folder.
• View options allows you to switch between normal view (4 tasks per screen) and condensed view (8 tasks per screen).
• Mail tasks (single tasks as well as entire folders).
• You can select from a built-in collection of image icons, choose a photo from your library, or take a new photo to customize your tasks.
• A unique feature allows notes to be viewed as a checklist. This is particularly handy for small shopping lists, multi-step tasks, etc.
• Tasks can be scheduled with a due date / time. There is a full range of repeating options.
• A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
• Tasks can be sorted by various schemes as well as arranged manually.
• Each task has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
• Customize Errands to fit your tastes using the in-app Settings.
ABOUT THE PREMIUM UPGRADE
Errands is NOT a lite version or crippled in any way. It is the complete app! If you enjoy it, please consider purchasing the Premium Upgrade. It will provide food for me and my dog as well as support continued development. Thanks for your support!
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM ERRANDS
• Explore the app, play around with its features and settings.
• There is a Mini User's Guide in the Settings.
• Please visit yoctoville.com for some answers to Frequently Asked Questions and to get personalized support if needed.
SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS
I take pride in the software I write. Please use the contact form at yoctoville.com/support to contact me regarding praise, suggestions, problems, etc. I look forward to helping you get the most out of Errands.
Errands is in active development and frequent updates are in the pipeline.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Design refresh for iOS 7.
• Major improvements to Errands iCloud Sync for iOS 7 (easier setup, faster sync, more reliable).
• Supports Background App Refresh, a new feature of iOS 7 which helps keep your devices in sync with each other.
• Added Settings > General > Alerts & Sounds for full control (especially useful if you are running Errands on multiple devices).
• Many bug fixes and small enhancements.
• 4.0.2 fixes a few small bugs in the 4.0 release.
NOTE: Errands retains support for iOS 5 & 6, but the codebase and design remain largely unchanged for these older versions of iOS. It is recommended that you update to iOS 7 for the best experience with Errands.
** If you are enjoying Errands, please leave a new rating in the App Store. It really means a lot!
I've not been using this app for very long - about 1 month. But it's great - everything I was looking for! And believe me, I've tried and deleted a few apps that don't meet requirements. It's worth taking time to have a play and set up the folders - it's not hard but worth taking a quiet hour to sit din and figure it out. So all my lists are organised and in one place with reminders. I have one set up for my kids birthdays and Christmas - I can add gift ideas as I think of them so come September I'll be ready to go shopping! My weekly groceries are all organised - I can add the items I need every week and through the checklist I can tick them off but also retain them for inclusion in the next week without the need to constantly re-add them. Errands, to do, things to remember. It's an organised list-makers paradise! Love it. Oh while I'm here, try the developers alarm clock (no I'm not paid to say this or family) best alarm clock ever!
I love this app! I still use notepads for the odd urgent lists and shopping etc. but this really makes life easier for recurring jobs. I can set my dog's flea treatments to pop up monthly, or deworming every 6 weeks on a Monday. You can be really specific with when things need to be done which is wonderful if you want to be reminded of a job every working day, but you only work 3 days a week, you can select just those days. You can also put everything into lists so work and home and anything else is not all jumbled up. You can also specify what order you would like things to be shown in, there are many options. I don't rate apps, because they always have a catch in them with advertising or only half of the options unless you pay. But not so for this one!
Excellent app definitely recommend
Excellent app all notes in one place! Only just started using i phone notes as use to email important business and home things to do. Still do so as archive all important email and notes. This app goes a lot further than apple by the use of and organisation of folders which very few email apps have so 5 stars for this alone. My only slight gripe so far is it does not allow me to select ALL text only define which takes time whereas select all and copy and paste notes from email or other docs would be far quicker. I am sure this is a functionality that can easily be provided by the developer without much work as if obviously and oversight in not providing from the outset. Hope this can be done very soon.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 25 September 2013
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: David Mandell
- © 2009-2013 David Mandell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium£2.29