Esplorio - Travel journal, diary, blog
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Esplorio 2.0 is the easy, smart and free way to track and share your travels. Automatically log the places you visit, map your routes with brilliant accuracy, and upload the photos you take into your own private travel journal.
In 2.0 "My Places" helps you find (and share) any place you've visited, even if it is stored on Facebook, Instagram, Foursquare or other supported networks. We’ve also rebuilt our tracking to give even more detail using our own “Arc detection”!
"The perfect digital travel companion" - Wired Magazine
"Esplorio works like a dream" - The Next Web
"I rather like Esplorio" - The Guardian
"Really cool product", "Great app, well executed", "This is an app I'm super excited about" - Product Hunt reviews
Just download, give Esplorio location and photo access, and go - Esplorio updates itself and saves your travel footprints automatically.
Travelling abroad? No problem, Esplorio doesn't need roaming data coverage to build your journal - it'll just sync next time you get internet access. You can view your GPS track and previously synced data anytime.
LONG BATTERY LIFE
Thanks to our unique Arc detection technology, Esplorio is the most battery-efficient of any all day tracking app for your paths without sacrificing any accuracy or detail.
We've tuned Esplorio for travel so the routes you take (even in cars, boats, and trains) will be recorded precisely, not just the rough directions. It works with jet skis and quad bikes too (we checked - not submarines though).
Find any place you’ve ever recorded on Esplorio or any of our other supported networks using the map with filters or free-text search. It’s the fastest way to share a place you love with a friend or be nostalgic about your travels on a world stage.
Don't speak the local language? No idea how to get some stamps? Got a great photo of you you want to send your grandma? Tap the … button next to any photo and send a real glossy postcard anywhere in the world in seconds using Apple pay or your credit/debit card!
Quickly adjust locations, times, and edit the photographs in your trips. Use TripIt integration to create trips and import flights from your itinerary. You can even add notes about each place and photograph, to further add to the narrative of your experience.
Add Facebook, Instagram, Foursquare, Twitter, Flickr, TripIt and Picasa to your Esplorio account to make your chronicle even richer. Use your integrated social accounts to recover past journeys.
EASY TO SHARE
Esplorio allows you to share tours, trips, or moments privately or to the networks you wish.
Use Siri to open your favourite trips simply by saying "Show me my [trip name] photos on Esplorio"
Esplorio is made for all travellers - sun worshippers, holiday adventurers, bloggers, and nomads alike. Call it your self writing life story, memoir, autobiography or automatic travel blog.
It is handcrafted with love, excitement and many cups of tea in Oxford, United Kingdom. You can even use Esplorio to track your Pokémon stops!
*This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life
What's New in Version 2.2.8
2.2.8 We found a few more tiresome bugs, so we've taken care of them. Here's a quick list of what we've fixed:
- Infinite spinner when removing map pin and venue
- Infinite spinner when adding annotation to a diary entry with photo that hasn't been uploaded
- Bring back old edit cover photo label when editing trip
- FPS drop when scrolling through trip summary
- Error when adding custom venue to diary entry without GPS location attached
- Occasional crash when viewing image in image viewer
2.2.7: A minor bug fix release
- FIX: We fixed an intermittent crash when scrolling through timeline
- FIX: Scrolling to the end of a trip which has a short last day now shows the right thing on the map
- FIX: Polylines are now redrawed after hiding or deleting a place in trip
- NEW: We are rolling out custom venues. When you edit a venue using the app and assign a custom name, it now remembers that choice for later use! The app will even automatically use that venue name when checking you in. No more "Domino's Pizza" checkins while all you really want is "Home".
- IMPROVEMENT: When browsing trips in the Trips tab, the app did not show all the cover photos options if the trip had not been loaded before. Now it talks to our servers and sorts that out!
- FIX: Another edge case where photo uploads can get stuck
- FIX: Other small bug fixes and improvements
- We've made the app smarter, so it can now sync your photos in the background without you even having to open the app.
- We found a pesky bug that was making images larger than they need to be and fixed it. The person responsible had to buy everyone chocolate as punishment.
- We fixed a bug where photo uploads can hang potentially indefinitely.
- Disabling a data source on a trip removes it from the trip without having to reload it.
- Fixed a bug where under certain conditions, the venue editor save button does nothing.
- Other minor improvements.
2.2.2 For this version, we've done a bit of spring cleaning, hoovered up any bugs we found and thrown in a few new features for good measure.
- NEW: Share button in public trips so you can share the trips you love.
- NEW: You can now edit the date and time for any of your Esplorio diary entries!
2.2.1 This release is all about fine tuning the app and making sure it runs like a charm.
- NEW: We've added super simple instructions throughout the app to explain how you can make your trips AWESOME.
- IMPROVEMENT: We've polished a few of the buttons to make them prettier and clearer.
- FIX: We had an intervention with all the bugs about their life choices and told them to stay far away from the app.
2.2.0 Here’s a big one, you asked, you got it! - NEW: Add notes, photos, places whenever you want, wherever you want! You can even add filters to photos you take and it will even work offline when you’re in the deepest darkest Amazon rainforest, or perhaps just in the blackspot on the edge of the Sainsbury’s car park in Whitby.
- NEW: We’ve added another sharing button on the trip, just to make it easier to find
- NEW: Cleaned up the design of the trip share page
- FIX: a crash that could happen when redrawing the map
- FIX: we removed an emojii that sometimes wouldn’t behave and displayed as an empty box - FIX: cover images weren’t always set correctly from the trip share page (damnit Seam) - FIX: some font tweaks for easier reading
2.1.5 We've rewritten from scratch how we sync photos. Your photos will now upload faster, you'll see live updating status of your photos and it's generally more awesome.
* Updated the swipe buttons to be more sexy lookin'
* More help in FAQ
* FIX: a crash that could happen when browsing the map
* FIX: the possibility of an unexpected trip being deleted if you're quickly swiping to delete multiple trips
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 26 May 2017
- Version: 2.2.8
- Size: 132 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Esplorio Ltd.
- © Esplorio limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation).