By Eric Lambert
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
REPORTING APP ISSUES/PRODUCT IMPROVEMENTS:
If you experience any issues with the app please contact our Customer Service team on +44 (0)330 333 9411 (8am – 9pm UK time Monday to Sunday) or e-mail:
If you have any app improvements that you would like to suggest please contact email@example.com
EG, the trusted source of real estate intelligence, is now available on your iPhone and iPad. Each week, the full content of the print magazine will be published here first, appearing 24 hours before the print edition.
* Pre-download the weekly issue and enjoy our award-winning content offline anytime, anywhere
* The full content has been reformatted so you can read it easily on your iPhone or iPad
* Access exclusive ‘app-only’ content as well as videos, podcasts and image galleries
* Share key articles and ads with your network
* Store and access back issues
* Subscribers can enjoy full access to all of the week’s property news and analysis
* If you aren’t a subscriber you can still access our award-winning content by purchasing a single issue within the app
Get all of our content in one convenient location including:
* EG Investor Guides – a key tool for investors who want to know exactly where - and when - to invest around the world
* EG sector supplements covering the full spectrum of the property industry including Auctions, Finance, Industrial, Investment, Offices, Residential and Retail.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
We have updated our app logo.
This app looks as though it dates from about 15 years ago. It is clunky to use, and despite having a "digital" subscription it is impossible for users to choose to view the content via a different channel such as the web-site.
I regret having paid extra for the print + digital subscription, and will be returning to print only - which is a terrible indictment of EG that in 2017 they can't provide a digital offering that materially improves on the centuries old technology of paper.
Slick + nearly all glitches now fixed. Very professional content.
Since my review a year ago (see below), more features have been added including word searches on each particular mag or every published mag via the online PDF archives function plus pinch to zoom (instead of double tap zoom right in) for the online PDF mags.
It's a pity that downloaded mags (not PDFs) still get flagged as "updated" meaning they need to be downloaded again on a fairly frequent basis but this irritating glitch seems to be the only real issue left still unresolved ...
My review in October 2016 was as follows:
The new redesigned app (2015) works rather like the Investors Chronicle app with one redesigned page per article. Pinch to zoom is absent so the font size for text in articles is set via General Settings which is only accessed from the main view (when the list of mags available is seen). This works well for text based articles, but some graphics may be too small and this is especially likely for adverts with small text where the smallest text is simply impossible to read without a magnifying glass when using a mobile.
Individual articles can be saved in a scrapbook and there is a great share feature which sends emails with a link to a special web page allowing recipients to see the EG article with all the great graphics online via their web browsers.
A more recent additional feature allows online PDF versions of each mag which enables viewing of each mag page by page with original formatting, thus seeing the adverts as printed along with a double tap zoom right in function.
Very annoyingly, most downloaded mags ask to be "updated" every week and each one needs re-downloading to remove the "updated" label. EG seems incapable of fixing this.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 13 March 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Eric Lambert
- © Reed Business Information Ltd 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 16th September 2017£5.99
- 12th November 2016£7.99
- 8th October 2016£7.99
- 24th September 2016£7.99
- 21st May 2016£7.99
- 20th February 2016£7.99
- 17th September 2016£7.99
- 7th May 2016£7.99
- 29th October 2016£7.99
- 10th September 2016£7.99