REPORTING APP ISSUES/PRODUCT IMPROVEMENTS:
If you experience any issues with the app please contact our Customer Service team on +44 (0)330 333 9411 (8am – 9pm UK time Monday to Sunday) or e-mail:
If you have any app improvements that you would like to suggest please contact email@example.com
EG, the trusted source of real estate intelligence, is now available on your iPhone and iPad. Each week, the full content of the print magazine will be published here first, appearing 24 hours before the print edition.
* Pre-download the weekly issue and enjoy our award-winning content offline anytime, anywhere
* The full content has been reformatted so you can read it easily on your iPhone or iPad
* Access exclusive ‘app-only’ content as well as videos, podcasts and image galleries
* Share key articles and ads with your network
* Store and access back issues
* Subscribers can enjoy full access to all of the week’s property news and analysis
* If you aren’t a subscriber you can still access our award-winning content by purchasing a single issue within the app
Get all of our content in one convenient location including:
* EG Investor Guides – a key tool for investors who want to know exactly where - and when - to invest around the world
* EG sector supplements covering the full spectrum of the property industry including Auctions, Finance, Industrial, Investment, Offices, Residential and Retail.
Welcome to the new EG app.
You still get authoritative, informative news, interviews and analysis but you can now also enjoy:
· Interactive data
· Cross edition search
· Listen to podcasts
· Watch videos
Ratings and Reviews
This app looks as though it dates from about 15 years ago. It is clunky to use, and despite having a "digital" subscription it is impossible for users to choose to view the content via a different channel such as the web-site.
I regret having paid extra for the print + digital subscription, and will be returning to print only - which is a terrible indictment of EG that in 2017 they can't provide a digital offering that materially improves on the centuries old technology of paper.
Slick. Very professional content.
Since my review about 2 years ago (see below), more features have been added including online word searches that bring up articles from the main digital archive going back several years.
The feature that allowed viewing of the online pdf of each mag, including archives, has gone. It was unnecessary anyway as the online digital mag is intended to be accessed via a web browser anyway.
The app is now focussed again on its original mission - a slick and easy to use way of seeing each mag as a download with one article or advert per page.
All the original glitches and bugs seem to have been solved now although adverts with tiny text (ie. a graphic rather than a text article) remain unreadable on a larger iPhone (mine is the 7+) because there is no zoom function on any graphic. To read tiny text within a graphic, a magnifying glass or a visit to the online digital mag via a browser is needed.
My review in October 2016 was as follows:
The new redesigned app (2015) works rather like the Investors Chronicle app with one redesigned page per article. Pinch to zoom is absent so the font size for text in articles is set via General Settings which is only accessed from the main view (when the list of mags available is seen). This works well for text based articles, but some graphics may be too small and this is especially likely for adverts with small text where the smallest text is simply impossible to read without a magnifying glass when using a mobile.
Individual articles can be saved in a scrapbook and there is a great share feature which sends emails with a link to a special web page allowing recipients to see the EG article with all the great graphics online via their web browsers.
A more recent additional feature allows online PDF versions of each mag which enables viewing of each mag page by page with original formatting, thus seeing the adverts as printed along with a double tap zoom right in function.
Very annoyingly, most downloaded mags ask to be "updated" every week and each one needs re-downloading to remove the "updated" label. EG seems incapable of fixing this.
Been waiting for some time for the EG to up their game. Downloaded the app and logged in without any issues. Nice clean look and feel. No more pinching and zooming to read the text! Free content is a sweet addition too
- Reed Business Information Ltd.
- 17.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Reed Business Information Ltd 2016
- In-App Purchases
- 12th November 2016 £7.99
- 8th October 2016 £7.99
- Saturday November 3 £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.