Evernote helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages, or audio ... and it’s all instantly searchable. Organize notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs across your devices so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
BETTER NOTE INTERACTION WITH 3D TOUCH
• Quick Actions for faster note creation and search
• Sketch in notes with pressure sensitive ink
EVERNOTE FOR APPLE WATCH
• Dictate notes and they will be transcribed in Evernote
• Dictate searches and get results on your Apple Watch
• View newly created & updated notes
• Set reminders, get notifications, and never forget anything
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly (desktop only)
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
You told us you love Templates, so we’ve made it even easier for you to use them. Now you can view our gallery of templates—plus any you’ve saved—right inside the app. Just click on the “Template” button when you create a new note to see them all. Oh yeah, you know we’re doin’ our happy dance.
FYI, they look great with Dark Mode too.
Ratings and Reviews
Performance improved after recent issues
***Updated review, 13th September***
The latest update in August fixed the performance issues noted on my earlier review. The iPad version was very slow and unresponsive, but it's now snappy again and performing well. My other criticism - of a lack of substantive change in years - still stands, however given that the Mac and Windows versions now have enhanced table formatting support, I live in hope that this will come to the iPad sometime soon.
The latest update is a big step backwards. I have been a paying customer of Evernote for a number of years. After some rapid early evolution in the app there has been little substantive changes in years... until this. The latest interface overhaul results in an application which is much slower to load, and at times it appears completely unresponsive to typing. I had been hoping Evernote would implement some of my requested features (such as improved table formatting, implemented cross-platform). I'm very disappointed and will now be looking for an alternative.
Simple. Easy to use. Life saver.
I’m afraid to give Evernote only 3 stars.
It’s simple, easy to use and beautiful. I’ve remembered so much with it; it’s just incredible. I had at one point decided to swap Evernote for Notebook; but no way am I doing that now. This is much better (you can do any amount of spaces and it won’t delete them, there is a moderate amount of tools unlike the overwhelming OneNote and the useless Notebook, and the pictures are good quality too when they are put there) It’s just incredible; how you feel with it there is just ineffable.
There’s two things I find annoying about this app. No matter how good it is.
a) So, let’s say I put a picture in Evernote, then it goes all the way to the top of the page. I want to move it to the middle somewhere. So I hold it for a long time, and then I can move it in any direction. Then when I undress it so it stays there, it goes all the way to the top again. This is really annoying...
Furthermore, usually when I do this the app decides to automatically keep trying to make the page keep sliding down to the bottom, no matter how much I hold the page once I unhold it it instantly goes back to it. THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING and it really tempts me into quitting Evernote. It’s scary in a way too.
b) Where are the fonts? How do you change them? They change when I copy and paste stuff, but you can’t actually change it! It’s ridiculous!
Please think about this, and thank you for Evernote!
A fantastic lab notebook
As a scientist I use Evernote as a lab notebook because it is secure and syncs seamlessly between my devices. It has advanced features like OCR, it is easy to tag and organize notes, to share them and to add links to other notes. I also like that I can attach every type of file into the note.
The only minor annoyance for me is that you can't have nested folders of notebooks. I can group multiple notebooks within a "folder", but I can't move a folder of notebooks to within an existing folder.
I tested out a number of different purpose-built electronic lab notebooks and Evernote was by far the best option at that time. I recommend it to others and also use it extensively for my own personal use to record everything from receipts to important notes and documents. I highly recommend it.
- 122.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 - 2018 Evernote Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium £3.99
- Evernote Premium £4.99
- Evernote Premium £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.