Evernote helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages, or audio ... and it’s all instantly searchable. Organize notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs across your devices so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
* Are blank notes getting you down? Say hello to templates. Now, when you create a note, you can format it with one of 30+ templates. Stay tuned for more.
* We’ve cleaned up the More Options menu (“…”) so it’s easier to find the actions you use most.
* To make upgrading effortless, we added a button to the toolbar. We promise it won’t bite, but don’t worry, you can always remove it if you’d prefer.
* Since we recently changed our appearance (does this color make our sidebar look big?), we tweaked our background colors to match.
* We fixed a problem where you wouldn’t see a note snippet if the note hadn’t synced properly.
* If you had more than one line of text highlighted when you tried to remove a link, all the links in the note would disappear. We’ll admit, that was taking things too far.
* Now and then, loading web views would cause a crash, but we fixed that.
* Sometimes, annotating a PDF would cause a crash, which was a big fail.
* The app would sometimes crash when checking for updates. Since updates are healthy, we put a stop to that.
* Pasting into a numbered or bulleted list would remove the list text between any images. This was less than ideal, but on the bright side, we fixed it.
* The app was forgetting your Shared with Me column widths after you closed it, which is probably not what you expected.
* Shared notebooks weren’t showing up in your Shared with Me list. And notebooks deserve love too.
* Triple-clicking one line of copy pasted in front of text on another line would break the list. But that’s a thing of the past.
* If you added Japanese characters to a bulleted list, the formatting would look weird, which was unfortunate.
* If you had 2-byte characters in a table (for example, Chinese or Japanese characters), adding a bullet point would break the table. And only WWE wrestlers should be allowed to break tables.
* Underlining couldn’t be removed from text in a table, which wasn’t helpful.
* Turning bold text off then pasting something into a list would turn bold back on. We really like bold, but that’s taking things too far.
* If you pasted bulleted lists separated by paragraphs from Word into Evernote, the gaps would disappear. You could say it was a big mess.
* Pasting data from Excel into Evernote needed a table upgrade, but there was no way for you to do it. That was an embarrassing oversight on our part.
* Pasting text into Evernote from a coding text editor messed up the formatting, but it should be smooth sailing now.
* Occasionally, changes you made to a note, including moving it to a different notebook, wouldn’t sync. Things should be back to normal now though.
* Occasionally, dragging a note from a space to the trash folder would cause the app to crash, but that’s no more.
Ratings and Reviews
Jot down your thoughts, make a to-do-list, annotate a PDF document—stay on top of your tasks.
Change Your Life
I genuinely think this is one of the best apps created, it has so many uses.
I have essentially used this app to organise all my personal documents such as bills, bank accounts, investments, invoices. I use Evernote for storing articles to read later. I use it for holiday planning, saving restaurants, gym routines, food recipes. I use Evernote for all my planning, documents and research for work. I use Evernote for templates to organise various parts of my personal and work life and also for goal planning.
This is an excellent app in helping someone to get their whole life in order. The only negative is I think you have to be quite computer savvy to get the best out of it and you really have to commit to it to make it work, but once you do and you go through the pain of using it as your personal control centre, you will wonder how you ever got on without it.
There are some excellent articles online on how to use Evernote and I would highly recommend searching on line for Michael Hyatts system of Tagging and it will start to make sense, do this right at the beginning, because if you don’t have a system in place, it can seem like whats the point as you might aswell just save your stuff on the cloud, if thats your thought, you’re probably not getting the best out of the app.
I only started using the app this year (2018) but I think I’ll be using this app for life! Love it!!!
Literally nobody thinks of the blind
Honestly, I’ve lost count of the number of apps I’ve had to write similar reviews for. Great concept, but for users like myself, blind users who rely on VoiceOver to accomplish literally EVERY TASK WE EVER DO, it’S almost completely unusable. Apple really should make it a requirement to submit accessible applications, but until that’s a thing you’re going to have to put in a little more effort to get my five stars. COME ON! You’re one of the most FAMOUS apps on the app store, one of the modern day shapers of the entire industry, and you didn’t think to add support for the visually impaired? It’s NOT DIFFICULT! I’m willing to do any testing as required so long as this gets solved. I’m dying for a decent application for organising my hundreds of ideas and research notes, and yours is SO VERY NEARLY THERE, but I can’t even read the titles of notes I’ve saved, let alone their contents, BECAUSE THE DAM APP IS INACCESSIBLE!
- 52.7 MB
- macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2018 Evernote Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.