By Elgato Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPad and iPhone into a portable television! Use this app with the Elgato’s EyeTV W Mobile TV Hotspot to enjoy live TV anywhere you go!
• Receive live TV on the iPad and iPhone anywhere you go
• No internet connection required
• Watch, pause, fast forward and rewind live TV
• Record your favourite shows directly on your iPad or iPhone
• Use iTunes to transfer recorded shows to your Mac or PC
• Program guide for up to seven days with detailed show information and feature to share recommendations via email or Twitter
• Teletext (iPad)
How does it work?
This app requires EyeTV W, a small hardware accessory, to tune into free over-the-air Freeview (DTT/DVB-T). Watching TV with EyeTV W doesn’t require any wires: the built-in, rechargeable battery powers your TV freedom for up to four hours, while live TV is sent straight to your device wirelessly through a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. You don’t need an internet connection to watch TV with EyeTV W, so you will never have to wait for any data to load and don’t have to pay monthly service or data bills.
Learn more about EyeTV W at www.elgato.com/eyetv-w
What do you need?
• EyeTV W
• DTT/DVB-T/TNT/Freeview coverage
• iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation)
• iOS 7.0.4 or later
• The availability and amount of program data varies by broadcaster.
• DTT/DVB-T/TNT/Freeview broadcasts vary in bitrate. Playback quality of high bitrate channels may be limited by 802.11g Wi-Fi network bandwidth.
• EyeTV W supports MPEG-2 video in standard and high definition, MPEG-4/H.264 video in standard definition as well as DVB-T radio, if available. High definition MPEG-4/H.264 channels, encrypted programs and/or DVB-T2 broadcasts are not supported.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• Full support for the beautiful big screens of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
• Added 64-bit support for newer iOS devices.
Jus doesn't cut it
It's 2015 yet the software has issues I saw over a decade ago. It tunes in all channels and creates duplicates thus not getting rid of the weaker duplicate channels. The TV guide is basic and there is no grid format in landscape. There are no links to IMDb, no way to view catch up TV programmes and there is no way to schedule recordings. In all its just basic which on an iPhone 6 plus is a loss. I've used freeview+, interactive channels and text this app does none of this. That also with the software crashing losing channels and even the hardware losing signal on an antenna where there's no issues. Lastly given all this if the cost it was a 3rd of price it's worth it but alas it costs too much for so little functionality. I will stick with player and the other catch up software.
Hangs on iphone 5
Doesn't last mote than a minute then closes, maybe struggles with poor reception? Will try better signal and see. Could be my iphone, will try ipad later. Many good reviews on amazon so a bit strange, not many good reviews here because its the polish itunes?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 17 December 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 20.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Elgato Systems GmbH
- © 2013-2014 Elgato Systems GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.