By Elgato Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.elgato.com/iphonehelp for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
What's New in Version 2.0
Welcome to EyeTV 2.0!
Built for iOS 7, this free update introduces a brand-new look and includes many other features and improvements.
Please note: This version requires a Mac with EyeTV 3.6.5 or later.
Useful, but obvious features still missing
If, like me, you browse the upcoming films from the weekend's newspapers and then set some up to record all in one go then this app is pretty useful. It's a lot easier than working with EyeTV, a keyboard and a mouse.
There's some obvious things that are missing though- you still can't access any smart filters you may have set up on EyeTV, and you cannot search through the listings (so a lot of tap/swipe, and waiting for transition animations- you can't go to a specific date, either)
Nor can you choose to record an entire series, from the App. EyeTV itself can do that (and it mostly works).
I don't really use the playback facilities much, so I can't comment on those.
Just gets better and better
All we need now is the iPad program guide on the iPhone 5 version....
Such a great app.
Well done the update is wonderful.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 20 February 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Elgato Systems GmbH
- © 2009-2014 Elgato Systems GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.