By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan).
Not just for Facebook friends: Message people in your phone book and just enter a phone number to add a new contact.
Group chats: Create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place.
Photos and videos: Shoot videos and snap selfies or other photos right from the app and send them with one tap.
Free calls: Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply.)
Even more ways to message:
Bring your conversations to life with stickers.
Preview your camera roll photos and videos without leaving the conversation--then choose the perfect ones to send.
Record voice messages when you have more to say.
Know when people have seen your messages.
Forward messages or photos to people who weren't in the conversation.
Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them.
Turn on location to let people know when you're nearby.
See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook.
Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break.
Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
What's New in Version 93.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available features and improvements. Thanks for using Messenger!
Easy to message people. I recommend this app.
I like this app. It makes it easier to message people on Facebook. I definitely recommend this app. You can even play basketball and football, which is unique. I like the fact that you can try and beat your friend's scores and set a new record of your own. However, one thing I don't like now is the fact that Messenger doesn't make the same noise as it used to when I get a new message. Can you change it back to what it was before? I can't tell when I'm getting messages now.
Mentioned Features Needed
Please implement following features:
• Photo or Documents import from Google Drive app.
• Option to disable "More" tap above the keyboard, the able/disable button can be implemented in Settings so let us switch On/Off.
• Option in Settings menu to let us switch off the "Favourite" section on the Home screen.
• Swap the Messenger tools bar with the text bar, as whenever we need to edit the text in the text bar, the finger always pressed on the Messenger tools bar by mistake, the text bar should be above on the Keyboard for easy access to the texts on text bar.
• Option to login and lock the app with Touch ID, no access to unauthorised user.
• Let user to change the Wallpaper of each different chat screen.
• Please implement built-in call in iOS 10, such as WhatsApp or Skype. So that whenever we receive any call we receive like the iPhone local call screen.
App isn't working.
My messages will not load! This is so highly annoying - I cannot begin to explain to you. I've restarted my phone and reinstalled the app. It still won't load, luckily the 3D Touch feature on my phone allows me to see my favourites... which doesn't help when I need to see new messages and message requests.
I don't want to write a negative review ... but someone in that whole department, can you email me, please? Luckily my email still works ...
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 20 October 2016
- Version: 93.0
- Size: 232 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Developer: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.