By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan).
Not just for Facebook friends: Message people in your phone book and just enter a phone number to add a new contact.
Group chats: Create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place.
Photos and videos: Shoot videos and snap selfies or other photos right from the app and send them with one tap.
Free calls: Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply.)
Even more ways to message:
Bring your conversations to life with stickers.
Preview your camera roll photos and videos without leaving the conversation--then choose the perfect ones to send.
Record voice messages when you have more to say.
Know when people have seen your messages.
Forward messages or photos to people who weren't in the conversation.
Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them.
Turn on location to let people know when you're nearby.
See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook.
Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break.
Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
What's New in Version 35.0
Thanks for using Messenger! We update the app around every two weeks so it continues to work great for you. We're also working on fun new features, and we're excited for you to try them out soon
The worst app ever created.
What the hell happened?..
This app is just terrible now! Stop trying to change things! People just want to chat.. Not all this fancy stuff that just crashes your phone and causes bugs!
I know this is not just an issue with my phone as my girlfriend is having these ridiculous issues too, but here goes..
1. When sending a message that includes ANY sort of apple emoji.. well.. just dont. The whole phone freezes for 30+ seconds EACH message that is sent.
2. When you have reached the textbox limit and the scroll bar comes into effect.. each time you type, it just shoots right to the top again, so good luck reading as you're writing when its more than 2 sentences long!
3. The overall experience of the app is just generally buggy! Randomly crashing, randomly not opening, randomly not connecting.
This used to be a mediocre app at best.. but now it's just laughable to be honest!
My advice? Stay as far away from this heap as you can if you want a smooth experience. The only reason its still installed on my phone is to talk to a few certain people!
Edit: This is my first review.. Apparently you cant rate it 0 stars. Well, the following rating is my true opinion.
0/5 - Not enough explosions.
Irritated with this notification
The app itself is fine, it has be irritating due to having to log in to Facebook several times just to read a message, it's time consuming and really annoying! But that isn't my problem. I have thoroughly checked my messages and I don't have a 'new' or 'unread' message, however, messenger has this constant little red number one notification popping out of the app, practically glaring at me for no apparent reason! Fix this please ... Many regards and thanks for reading this review.
This is a good app, usually works very well, fab way to communicate with friends, only one problem I find is it sometimes takes a while to load and sometimes delays when sending messages but it doesn't happen that often. Other than that I think this is a great app!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 27 August 2015
- Version: 35.0
- Size: 75.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Developer: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.