By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan).
Not just for Facebook friends: Message people in your phone book and just enter a phone number to add a new contact.
Group chats: Create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place.
Photos and videos: Shoot videos and snap selfies or other photos right from the app and send them with one tap.
Free calls: Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply.)
Even more ways to message:
Bring your conversations to life with stickers.
Preview your camera roll photos and videos without leaving the conversation--then choose the perfect ones to send.
Record voice messages when you have more to say.
Know when people have seen your messages.
Forward messages or photos to people who weren't in the conversation.
Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them.
Turn on location to let people know when you're nearby.
See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook.
Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break.
Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Messenger uses location data to make features work, help people connect and more.
What's New in Version 105.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available features and improvements. Thanks for using Messenger!
Annoying unwanted features still there
The app itself works fine most of the time. But 2 key things I wish they'd get rid of.
1) The annoying black pop up screen and red exclamation mark insisting that I turn on notifications. I don't want to turn them on. Why do you persist is hassling me to do this? No means no.
2) The 'active now' time stamp. So many people have complained about this. It causes so many issues in relationships and friendships and still Facebook won't remove it. People thinking that you're online when you're not and then thinking that they're being ignored or that you're talking to other men/women late at night when you're actually fast asleep. I've seen it over and over. Why does everyone have to know when we're online? Is there no privacy anymore? It's beyond ridiculous. But hey since when have Facebook actually listened to its users requests?
Use it all the time!
I love this app and it's my main form of communication! Only 4 stars because the updates have made it slow as fb tries to destroy Snapchat. People say there are privacy issues and first of all I can't see them, pretty sure there is end to end encryption, secondly, do you have something to hide? Nowadays people talk about privacy all the time, and I do understand that there should be a level where if you don't want to use something you shouldn't have to, however I believe that really if you're trying to hide something then you are knowingly doing something wrong! Sorry about the tangent, great app :)
So much frustration
I'd like to shoot you with all the cursewords in every language I know! Obviously worthless to you as it is this comment. Stop friggin updating so much, you're making it worse! What is the main purpose of Messenger? To send a text?! Apparently not... Make a different app for your annoying copy of "snapchat" that keeps coming down to my screen as if I would like to have a snap of my feet. Also, i may not have a 9" phonescreen to have a decent amount of space to click on the textview rather than on those "stickers" right next to this tiny space in the chat window. These things make me mess up a simple chat every single time! Unbelievably unconvenient application. Wouldn't even use it if I had a chance to see my messages through browser!!! Which I don't!!!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 16 February 2017
- Version: 105.0
- Size: 237 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.