By Failbetter Games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Thirty years ago, London was stolen by bats. Now, Hell is close and immortality is cheap, but the screaming has largely stopped…"
Welcome to a dark and hilarious Victorian-Gothic underworld, where every choice has a consequence from the style of your hat to the price of your soul. Fallen London, acclaimed literary RPG and winner of The Escapist's Best Browser Game award, has come to iOS!
For those who love to read and for those who love to play, Fallen London offers you a unique narrative which evolves with every choice you make. Define your destiny through the stories you embark on and the character you cultivate.
There's a whole world of opportunity waiting for you beyond the iron bars of New Newgate Prison. Who will you be?
- Literary RPG with over 1.5 million delicious words
- Befriend, beguile or antagonise hundreds of characters from diplomats and devils to Clay Men, Rubbery Men and the elusive Masters
- Increase a vast array of character qualities, shaping your character as you go
- Choose from a miscellany of avatars and gender options
- Hundreds of items, outfits and pets available in the Bazaar
- Forge your own path through a dark Victorian city and beyond!
- "A beautifully moody and lusciously written faux-Victorian game" (The Guardian)
- "The bestest best words in all of gaming" (Rock, Paper, Shotgun)
- "Superlative… every bit as vividly drawn as the worlds built by Rockstar in Red Dead Redemption, or Irrational in BioShock, or Supergiant in Bastion" (Tom Chick)
- "...a masterpiece in story-telling from the creators of Sunless Sea... a perfectly realized world that puts other fantastic worlds to shame" (TouchArcade)
- "Intriguing and addictive... The world of Fallen London is a joy to explore, a weird and wonderful playground" (The Escapist)
- Subscribe to become an Exceptional Friend of the Bazaar for only £4.99/$6.99!
- Grants access to the House of Chimes, free immediate access to monthly Exceptional Stories, double action points and an increased Opportunity Deck
- This is an auto-renewing subscription which will be charged to your iTunes account each month. You can cancel any time via your Apple user Account Settings so long as you do so at least 24hrs before your subscription is due to renew
What's New in Version 1.12.1436
- Updated login/registration page to reflect recent changes to Google auth
Great game, terrible load time
I absolutely adore fallen London and it's great as an app, but the opening load time is awful at the moment. If that gets fixed, it's 5 star
Update: the load times stopped me playing for a while but i was recently drawn back by the advent calendar - sadly, the app is even more broken now - it stays stuck at 0% downloading images. Shame, deleted again. Guess i’ll play on a browser now and then.
Keeps freezing before I've even got going.
I wanted something absorbing. I'm prepared to put the time in but this game is really frustrating for two reasons.
1 technically,Mitch takes an age to load and if it manages that without freezing, it then freezes after the first move.
2 it is so different from any other game I've played, IT NEEDS A PROPER TUTORIAL.
I've just reloaded it and will try again......
Superb game, unusable app.
When it works, FL is the deliciousest morsel in the App Store. But it doesn’t work, or hardly ever. Takes about 5 minutes to load, then (often as not) crashes right away. This was the case when I first played it a year or so ago. Eventually I gave up. Today I thought I’d try it again, but it’s still just as bad. Such a pity.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 11 June 2017
- Version: 1.12.1436
- Size: 242 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Failbetter Games Ltd
- © 2009 Failbetter Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 22 Fate£4.99
- Exceptional Friendship£4.99
- 45 Fate£9.99
- 100 Fate£19.99
- 280 Fate£48.99