Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 2015 APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER - 40% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Full Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.4.1
- Various fixes and improvements
- Drafts! While adding a new event or reminder, swipe down on the red header and it will save as a draft. Now you can browse your schedule, add another new event or reminder, or resume your draft at any time!
- Full support for Japanese, including natural language event and reminder creation
- Accessibility improvements
- Time zone override setting is now respected for Apple Watch app
- Snooze notification improvements for Apple Watch app
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
This is a great app that integrates with iOS calendars and reminders perfectly! Having a decent way to manage and view reminders while maintaining the integration with notification centre and other iOS features is great. Also, a custom repeating reminder is a very useful addition too!
Well done Fantastical!
My one request for this app would be the option to turn off in the settings the intelligent place and time guessing when writing the event/reminder text. I very often add find that it misinterprets something I’ve written (understandingly) and I have to go back and rewrite. Keep up the good work though!
Let us pick a calendar!
I love this app but don't know why you can't choose which calendar to use when you create an event. There is plenty of room!
However, loads of plus points and this has replaced the native Apple calendar on my iPhone. It unifies calendars and reminders which makes sense (and I don't know why Apple didn't do that themselves.) Create a new event and you can select a calendar event or a reminder straight from inside the app.
In the latest version, you can even swipe the new event down to hide it, letting you quickly check your calendar before resuming.
The reason why this gets 4 rather than 5 stars is the selection of calendars. Not all events were created equal…
When you set up the app you can select a default calendar. But, it would be so much more user-friendly if calendar selection was added below the event entry field. There is room above or below the 'details' button, which you currently have to click before scrolling down to the calendar select option.
Fix this then it's an easy 5 stars from me.
New version is good
This new update fixes the bugs that were introduced in the last version. All in all its a great calendar app. It should however be universal imho paying twice for iPhone and iPad versions is too much. The Mac version is also an extra cost and its really expensive for what it offers over the in built Calendar. Just offering that advice if you sync between devices. It will get expensive!
In this new version if I add an event with an address the blue arrow link to bounce me into my mapping application doesn't show, I just see the address with no way of going to my sat nav with the address pre filled like before. Tried changing settings etc but it's still broken
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 18 August 2015
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.