FBI Child ID
By Federal Bureau of Investigation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Every year, thousands of children go missing. The FBI’s Child ID App can help.
This free app provides a convenient place to electronically store photos and vital information about your children so that it’s all at hand if you need it. You can show the pictures and provide physical identifiers like height and weight to security or police officers on the spot. Using a special tab on the app, you can also quickly and easily e-mail the information to authorities with just a few clicks.
The app includes tips on keeping children safe, as well as specific guidance on what to do in the first 48 crucial hours after a child goes missing. Links to additional resources for families and victims are also provided.
Please be assured that no information on your child will be collected or stored by the FBI unless you provide it during an emergency.
Warning: If you downloaded an earlier version of the FBI Child ID app (all versions released prior to 2015), any photos and/or information you previously entered will be lost when installing this update.
Child ID Highlights:
- Include a default e-mail address for your local police department.
- Auto-populate addresses and phone numbers across profiles.
- Add photos for identifying characteristics (birthmarks, scars, etc.).
- Set and send your phone’s location as your child’s last known location.
- iPhone/iPad/iPod compatible
Organize Your Child’s Information
- Create as many child profiles as you need.
- Use your phone camera and photo library to take and upload photos of each child.
- Add and update key identifying information.
Know What To Do
- Get safety tips on keeping your child out of harm’s way.
- Learn what to do in first few critical hours after a child goes missing.
- Visit additional links with resources for families and victims.
Get Information to Authorities in an Emergency
- Quickly call 911 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
- E-mail your child’s pictures and information to authorities.
- Show identifying information to security or law enforcement officers on the spot.
What's New in Version 2.3
- Tap on a photo's thumbnail to view the full image
- Added ability to copy the child's address into the Guardian's address field
- If you choose not to use a password, the Swipe to Access feature can be enabled to prevent accidental access
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 06 July 2016
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Federal Bureau of Investigation
- © 2016 Federal Bureau of Investigation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.