FictionPress - Library of books, ebooks and peoms
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
World's largest short story, fiction, and poetry archive and community where writers and readers around the globe gather to share their passion.
FictionPress is a growing network of over 1 million writers/readers,
and home to over 1,200,000 original works.
- Search from thousands of stories!
- Search from thousands of authors! (Author Search)
- Sort search results THREE (3) different ways!
- Display local stories by host, category, or author!
- View in portrait, landscape, upside-down, and every other way!
- Auto-lock lets you read in any orientation you want!
- Keeps track of your progress through each story and chapter!
- Share storties on your device to a friend on facebook!
- Change fonts and font sizes!
What's New in Version 3.6.7
- Fixed some minor connectivity issues.
My friend is an author on fiction press Dixie990 and I love her books. However I was frustrated at try to read them via the website because if the browser closed for any reason you would lose your place and then have to try and scroll back down to try and find your place which for someone with dyslexia is incredibly difficult. So when I found out there was an app and this was no longer a problem even when you jump back and forth between chapters and it rembers which book you were last reading without having to have an account was simply amazing I can't wait to get back to reading some of the best stories yet to put in paperback 😊🎉
Very convenient app to have on your phone. Fiction press as a site is amazing, as an app it had great potential but urgently needs some fixes.
1- the ability for guests to leave reviews anonymously without signing in like the website. This will make more people review and not deprive writers of well earned feedback.
2) even when signed in, every single time you go to leave a review it says ' there are no reviews' even when you know this not to be true. Reviews need to show up.
3) the search functions are great and very helpful, but along with the scroll bar there needs to be page options so you can skip a few pages to find an interesting story instead of scrolling through every one.
4) very frustratingly when you are scrolling down, do it slightly too fast and the app will close and when opened again won't open to the part you were at, extremely frustrating when searching and constantly having to go back to the beginning
Hope these things are looked at as they really do hinder the enjoyment and ease with which to explore amount of stories the site holds.
Arguably the largest online archive of literature available, in a convenient app. I have read some wonderful stories from this website over many years and I'm delighted that an application exists for it.
A note; the application works well for its purpose and i haven't encountered any serious bugs or issues. Original content only on here; if you don't know what fiction press is, it is not a free library of already published, licenced and copyrighted books.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Catalogues
- Updated: 26 April 2015
- Version: 3.6.7
- Size: 17.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: PentaLoop
- © Pentaloop
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- FictionPress Pro£0.99