By Propellerhead Software AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Got three minutes and want to make some music? Figure is the fun music-making app for instant inspiration.
• App Store Best of 2012
• Multiple times App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
"Propellerhead's Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use and Cheap" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
"Brings Out The Unknown Composer Within" - Cult of Mac
Create an addictive beat before the next bus stop or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting in line at the bank. Figure will have you making music within seconds yet is deep enough for endless play on a transatlantic flight.
• Make songs with Drums, Bass and Lead Synth
• Play by sliding your finger across the play pad
• Always stay in key and on the beat
• No previous playing skills required
• Tweak and twist your track on the fly
• Sounding amazing has never been this easy
• The sound of Reason on your phone!
Truly designed for mobile user on the go, Figure gives you drums, bass and lead synth, controlled by an incredibly easy to use touch interface that gets you sounding great literally in seconds. Slide your finger across the play pad and hear your bass line play. Tweak the Rhythm, Range and Scale Step wheels to get the result you’re after. Programming drumbeats is just as easy. Set the rhythm and play the drums with your fingers. You won’t want to stop. You won’t believe how amazing you and your phone can sound.
If you are new to music making, getting started making great sounding tracks has never been this easy — and sounded so great!
If you are a seasoned musician – music creation has never been this fun!
The nitty gritty details:
• Bass & lead parts use Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Drums powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Play in different keys & modes. Set once or change on the fly.
• Increase the Shuffle to loosen up your beats
• Turn up Pump to add a club sound to your tracks
• Adjust levels using Propellerhead’s legendary mixer
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)
• Export audio to iTunes File Sharing
• SoundCloud Sharing - share your Figure tracks with access to Facebook, Twitter and more
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: works on iPhone 4 or higher, not recommended for iPhone 3GS
** AudioCopy by Sonoma Wire Works
What's New in Version 1.6
• Share your songs with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
• Three new drum kits: Sonny, Code and Boom Bap
• Bug fixes
Update is still not good enough
While it still has potential, it's still rubbish for composing a full track. Export the sections into another programme and they don't sound exactly like they do in figure. The start of the section has a split second overlap from the ending, so if the notes are not the same at the beginning and ending, it means that it's virtually impossible to stitch tracks together seamlessly. Try to use audiobus with figure and a recording app and again it's virtually impossible to accurately play and record each section into a whole track because you need to always be on time with the next section and that's really hard to achieve, as well as stuttering issues with audiobus. I'm really frustrated. Please work on making this much easier to make complete tracks. This has the potential to be more than a toy.
This app is great for having a bit of fun making a short pattern. The developer even introduces the app this way in the App Store description. So this is clearly as far as this app is supposed to go. And I've spent hours and hours making some great little patterns. But, I wish I could do more.
I think Figure is wasted this way. It's so good at what it does, if it wasn't so restricted it could be truly great. This app could be so much more with the introduction of a sequencer. Being able to stitch together an entire track from your patterns would turn this fun toy into a powerful music creation tool.
It would be a worthy rival to Korg's Gadget.
EXPORT TO REASON ALREADY!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 16 April 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Propellerhead Software AB
- © 2013 Propellerhead Software AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.