***NOTE: please contact us with any problem. We have been supporting this application for 9 years. We can work with you to resolve any problem.
FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH macOS Sierra (10.12).
The real true bidirectional synchronization tool! Many other synchronization apps here use the Unix tool rsync to do their job but they can't offer bidirectional sync. Ask them before buying, you'll see!
File Synchronization synchronizes multiple pairs of folders or files. It has been designed to be easy to use: choose 2 folders to synchronize then click the Synchronize button and you're done! However, there are multiple options when your needs get a little more complicated. The interface is easy to use and the application is quick to do any synchronization that you might need.
3 different synchronization modes to use depending on what you want to achieve:
• Automatic mode: whenever the content of one of the folder you synchronize changes, the synchronization is performed so you can be sure that the 2 folders are always synchronized. You set it once and then forget about it
• Repeat mode: the synchronization is performed at a regular interval that you set in the preferences. Good when you're constantly making changes and don't want the folders to be continuously synchronized
• Manual mode: whenever you want to perform the synchronization, you select the pair in the list and click Synchronize. Ideal if you synchronize a folder that is on a remote volume that might not always be available
2 different synchronization directions:
• Bidirectional: changes in both folders that are synchronized are duplicated in both folders. Best when changes can occur in each folder that you synchronize
• Unidirectional: changes that occur in one of the folder you synchronize are duplicated in the other folder. If you want to have an exact backup of a folder, that's the synchronization mode to use. You can choose to backup the folder on the left or on the right
• See how many items are going to be copied and deleted and what the sizes of those items to copy and delete are
• Check what is going to happen if the synchronization is performed
• Decide which item is going to replace the other
• Remove some items from the list from being synchronized
• Delete items you don't want to be synchronized
Synchronization options for each pair:
• Select the synchronization mode
• Choose the synchronization direction of that pair
• Set filters to ignore certain items
• Decide what happens with orphaned files and recently modified files
• Ignore warnings when both copies of the same file have been modified since the last synchronization
• Include or not invisible items
• See the status of the last synchronization session and when it was last synchronized
Multiple sources for the synchronization:
• Local disks
• Remote volumes shared by another Mac on your network or by a Windows computer
• USB flash drive
• Store login information for remote volumes so that they can be automatically mounted the next time they are needed
• Any volume you can access in the Finder can be used
• Can generate a log each time a synchronization is performed
• Error reporting gives you a description of an error so you can fix it
• Hierarchical views show you exactly where an item is in any list. Double-click an item and it will be selected in the Finder
Note: if you have an issue with the new version, please contact us instead of stating that you're not pleased. We strive to make everybody happy with their purchase but we can't help if you complain here without ever contacting us! Some people obviously post comments while they're missing some important features. Let us help you. You won't have any help by posting comments here.
• Fixes a bug that would occur with a uni-directional synchronization on certain type of disk where when the copy would be performed, File Synchronization would invert the source and the destination in the progress dialog
• Fixes a display problem where the progress dialog would get random lines of text in it if you are using a mouse with a scroll wheel and would scroll the list of pairs under the progress dialog
• Fixes a problem where if you were to perform a synchronization and nothing would need to be replaced, the last synchronization date would not be updated
Ratings and Reviews
Synchornisation to NFS network mount
I have an network NFS export (also a CIFS share) on my home storage array that I back up all my files to. Previously, I used Offline Folders on Windows - now I use this application for the Mac.
Naturally, the first sync will take some time but subsequent to that, it's fast as lightning.
My setup is bi-directional on a 30minute sync schedule. I know it's not quite the same as Windows but I can say that it's enough and it doesn't seem to hammer my Mac the way the process did on my old PC.
The UI is simple and clear and has some nice touches, such as the growl notifications that pop up to let you know when a sync is starting / stopping.
If I was going to suggest that something was added to the app - it's 'location awareness'. When I'm in my home office, I want the app to sync but not when I'm out on the road and my network drive isn't mounted. The way I've dealt with it is to write a scheduled script that checks the SSID I'm associated with and fires up the app when it see's I'm at in the home office or kills it off when it's not.
Doesn’t work with colour tagged folders
Works for ordinary file syncing but, if you group your folders using the colour tags in Finder, it does not. I found that my folders were ‘triplicated’. I had three of everything. Email support was very good. They tried to find a solution but, unfortunately, didn’t succeed. I’ve now spent 10x the amount on a more robust solution that works. I guess you get what you pay for.
does everything it needs to do
I've been using this for probably 9 years if that is when it first came out. I've tried others but always returned to this as the most useful of them all - and most reliable.
- Nemesys Software, LLC
- 4.9 MB
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2002-2017 Nemesys Software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.