FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
■ Connects to all versions of Windows, Mac OS X from 10.5, Time Capsule, Linux, and almost all NAS drives. Try our free FileBrowserLite app to test connectivity.
■ Connects to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV and FTP.
■ To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 5.7
* Added Touch ID startup protection.
* Audio now resumes after phone call.
* Fixed iCloud Export filename issue.
* Fixed connecting to ReadyNAS 6.2.0 firmware.
* Fixed Photo Library large video export issue.
For more information on any of these features, please visit www.stratospherix.com
A Brilliant App..
I initially downloaded the app as the Lite version but then went on to buy the full version when I appreciated exactly how good it was. I bought the app because it works so well with my Kingston MobileLite Wireless device, which I use to stream music, videos and view other data. It just works flawlessly and even displays the cover artwork on my mp3 files; and when resuming from the iPad screen lock it still shows the cover art but much larger, with the ability to skip tracks etc..superb. It has good options when playing music and can add music to the existing queue when browsing your other folders. It navigates my network easily, it can also move, copy and delete files. This is a great app that just works superbly. Highly RECOMMENDED
OMG if only all apps were like this. This is the only review I have done without a nag. I didn't even see a nag, yet another star!
I didn't think I'd have to plough through so much garbage before, thank goodness, stumbling across FB. All I wanted was to save a few hundred pounds by using my obsolete iphone4 as a network storage streamer to my hifi. Even the free app from the manufacturer of the NAS didn't do anything. FB lite proved in seconds that it would do the job, so instant upgrade as it is so cheap. Now I have it, delighted to find it does loads more too. No app has ever saved me so much outlay. I doubt if I'd hear any difference using a proper hifi streamer. Really pleased that it plays through a folder by default, without having to set up a playlist too.
Astoundingly well designed
I've never been so happy with an App Store purchase, because every penny is in the quality of the product.
This is one brilliant browser of every file location on a local area network. FB is a vital, indispensable tool that places your entire set of network assets at your fingertips.
Nearly every file displays in native formatting, with one exception. Motion GIFs are displayed statically. The user can open such files from FB in another application to view properly, but I hope a near-future upgrade brings this functionality onboard FB.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 09 January 2015
- Version: 5.7
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.