FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
Supports iPad Pro and iOS9 multi-tasking.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- All versions of Windows and Windows Server
- Mac OS X from 10.5
- Time Capsule
- NAS drives
- WiFi Drives
- Google Drive
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
Requires iOS 8.3 or later.
To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 8.2
* New hosted WebDAV server for multi-file device-to-device and remote PC/Mac access.
* Improved Photo Library access and retrieval.
* Improved image slideshow transition.
* Added support for DNG image files.
* Large filename accessibility option.
* Unzip feature can now handle files > 4GB.
* Added lock-down control for Startup Password and iCloud Import/Export.
* Added lock-down control for URL Download feature.
Even better with the latest update & for the new app.
Brilliant app. And thanks for changing the pale app to the new one. Great!
Still of great help daily but I hate those new Icons. So pale and weak.
The very best of all the apps I have on my iPad. Absolutely brilliant.
An amazingly useful app. Would hate to be without it.
Still amazed at what this can do. I use it for normal things like storing file info but also for playing music via my Kingston Mobilelite 2 for which FileBrowser is perfect. Well done everyone.
Update again. As before, a really superb app and I'd hate to be without it. Amazing.
Update. About a year later, I'm still in awe of this wonderful app which I use just about every day.
As well as transferring files from my laptop and desktop to my iPad and back again, I've also recommended it for use with Kingston's MobileLite player as Kingston's own app is terrible and FileBrowser plays everything accurately.
One of the best of all iPad apps as far as I'm concerned.
Downloaded this app yesterday but it has already been extremely useful for me. Connects to our desktop, laptop and wife's iPad and even to my Kingston MobileLite. I'm sure this app will be one of my most used.
The Undisputed King Of Remote Access
Have used this since v5 - it keeps getting better! This app connects to anything, from standard NAS drives to my homemade server. It is the only app I have seen that can find USB sticks plugged into routers share ports. Handles downloads with ease and I have never known it to crash or lock up. Customer support is Excellent also - Most app developers could learn a thing or two from these guys! Supports such a wide range of file types - you shouldn't be left out. Don't Sleep...
This app completely solves the problem of the lack of file organisation capability in iOS.
Some of its functions are not intuitive at first: it is well worth taking the time to read the support info provided in order to unlock its full power.
I have not yet come across any file related operation I needed to perform that it cannot do - highly recommended.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 29 April 2016
- Version: 8.2
- Size: 35.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.