FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
*** Now supports iPad Pro and iOS9 multi-tasking ***
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email email@example.com for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
■ Connects to all versions of Windows, Mac OS X from 10.5, Time Capsule, Linux, and almost all NAS drives. Try our free FileBrowserLite app to test connectivity.
■ Connects to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV and FTP.
■ To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 7.5
* Enabled iOS 9 multi-tasking features.
* Fixed a crash on iOS 7.1.
Simply the Best File Manager on iOS
FileBrowser is amazing and very useful. It lets me view and access all of my files stored on my local Time Capsule from my iOS devices. You can even stream unprotected (non-DRM) video files direct to your Apple TV using AirPlay. The app has been regularly updated since it was released and the developers provide great support.
1. Please add support for the iOS 8/9 storage extensions so that I could use FileBrower to copy or move a file to/from my Time Capsule from within other apps, e.g. FileBrower's configured Remote Files should appear as storage extension points in other apps. That would be amazing. The developers have partially added this in the latest update but it only allows you to view a dedicated 'share' of files stored within the FileBrowser app. I would like to be able to access the configured servers via the storage extension.
2. Would love to see native built-in 1Password support to make logging-in to servers/shares a lot easier.
Simply the BEST file and drive viewer out there for iOS. I use this to scan and view media files on an Air Drive (hard drive attached to my airport basestation). Until Apple allow this by default (not any time soon imo), this app will be the way to do this properly.
It also has a built in viewer along with the ability to send the file or it’s streaming address to another app (such as VLC) so you can pretty much view any file with this.
Superb and well worth the money….I hope they make an Apple TV companion app soon.
I used to have to use my PC to organise files / pictures etc. No any more, File Browser does it, and it does it brilliantly. It is quick, reliable and easy. It is now my file browser of choice on my phone and iPad, it connects local storage, cloud storage and a router file depository seamlessly together. Plus it allows easy linking to Apps. I recommend it to anyone.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 09 November 2015
- Version: 7.5
- Size: 46.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.