FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a LOG gamma curve. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available with optional purchase for iPhone SE, 6s/6s+, 7/7+, 8/8+, X and iPad Pro 9.7 and 10.5 only, limited to 30fps at 4k)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile gimbal
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
v6.7.5 is a small maintenance release that includes fixes and performance improvements. Notable in this release:
- Resolved an issue related to using FiLMiC Remote or the FiLMiC Pro Apple Watch app: In certain cases, any lag in the Watch or Remote app preview could be introduced into the final footage.
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact us at: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Whether you’re shooting for film, broadcast or your family reunion, FiLMiC Pro will take your footage to the next level. It’s the same app that experts have used to shoot commercial projects around the world, providing complete control over your camera’s focus, exposure, frame rates and more. It’s powerful on its own but built to support external microphones, lens adapters and other production accessories. It really does put true professional-quality videography at your fingertips.
Good, good, one little thing though...
Ok it’s safe to say that Filmic Pro is the go-to app for mobile phone videography, it’s parameters for manual control and ability to shoot flat and log profiles are straight up game changing. I’ve recommended this app to SO many people and have used it sensibly within a part of my workflow between cinema camera, to dslr, to mobile device. Mix this with Moment lens’ and accessories and you’re good to go.
It’s expected that an app like this might be a bit of a battery drainer that’s a given and we all have portable power banks anyway so it’s not a problem. My bit of an issue is the overheating of your phone after not even a great deal of use with this app, be it an iPhone 7, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X l use all of these with FP and they all get to melting point so quickly that we now bring a plastic ice pack with us when we use them due to the phones all shutting down with ‘Phone temperature too high’ after filming log 4K for only a few minutes. That’s really bad for the phones.
Is this something that is being looked into for future updates? Also just as a heads up for people who want to use the more advanced setting for any length of time your phone will die in minutes so please do plan accordingly.
Other than that.....this app is perfect 👌
Thanks for the review Andy.... yes, the heating is due to all the processing our app does for analytics and the advanced color/tone controls. We have a project underway to convert this entire framework to something even more performant. It's our goal to remove some of the limitations we have now and greatly increase the performance envelope. Stay tuned. Should you ever have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent but crashes iPhone almost every time.
This app is great, the standard and paid for features are excellent, up until recently it has been extremely impressive. However the last few updates (including the latest) crash the iPhone (7 plus - same as I’ve always had with this app) almost every single time - like maybe 18 out of 20 kind of level. The phone freezes entirely and the only option is to hard reset the phone with the down volume and power button. The other problem I have with this app has been mentioned by others; fast battery drain and the phone gets very hot quickly. I’ve tried different settings, resolutions, doesn’t seem to make much difference. Each update I hope it is fixed but doesn’t seem to. It was a 5 star app until these constant crashes and heat problems. Please fix this so I can amend back to 5 stars.
- FiLMiC Inc
- 100.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.