Final Fantasy III -- now on iPhone and iPod touch!
First released in 1990, Final Fantasy III was the first title in the Final Fantasy series to become a million-seller, establishing once and for all that Square Enix's classic RPG saga was here to stay.
The full 3D remake released in 2006 duplicated the original's success, selling over a million copies worldwide.
Final Fantasy III was a hallmark of innovation for the entire series, from the job system that lets characters change classes at any time to the ability to summon powerful creatures such as Shiva and Bahamut.
When darkness falls and the land is robbed of light, four youths are chosen by the crystals to set forth on a journey to save the world.
- New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences exclusive to the iPhone/iPod touch
- Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls specifically tailored to Square Enix's iPhone RPGs
- Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game records
- New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards
-Optimized for the 4-inch Retina display.
-Support has been added for the Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery.
Please note that when updating to iOS 7, Quicksaves will be lost.
Please make sure to save your game to a Slot before updating.
iOS9 is now supported.
Ratings and Reviews
If your looking through all the FF games and wondering which one to get, this one is by far the best cross over with the ds controls it's easy to use and visually stunning, played through it two times now! Plus if your new to rgp's this one is nice and easy to get into.
Best ff/game on iOS!
No words. Just incredible. Best ff I’ve ever played and by far best iOS game ever. Played again and again and again. 100% my go-to game
Great Game... But
I've always loved all Square Enix's creations, I thought it might be worse playing on the platform of an iPhone, but it still holds up to par. The controls are actually really good. Generally the game is awesome. BUT... I've found that whenever I stay in an Inn to rest and recover MP and HP, or go to a magical shiney pool... The main protagonist is healed... but the rest of the party isn't. That problem is fixable when you can just use the main character to heal the others of the party with cure... but I'm still at the beginning of the game... when you cannot buy phoenix downs... so if one of my characters die (which two of them have, and there are no more phoenix downs on the entire accessible map) they're pretty much dead forever. Trust me, it's hard to move forward with only two characters!!
Is this normal?
- SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- 291.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 1990, 2011 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION：2006 YOSHITAKA AMANO ILLUSTRATION：AKIHIKO YOSHIDA
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.