Can't remember where you parked your car? Don't worry! Your iPhone will, AUTOMATICALLY!
Whenever you walk away from your car, the iPhone remembers where you parked your car last. Unlike other parking apps, you only need open the app when you are looking for your car.
PLEASE NOTE: Use of the Bluetooth functionality requires an iPhone and a Find My Car Bluetooth Smart beacon.
The Pro version supports compatible 3rd party Bluetooth Smart proximity beacons. The Pro version additionally adds logging functionality to keep track of where you have parked.
Please visit our website for more information:
How does Find My Car Smarter Work?
Find My Car Smarter uses a new technology called Bluetooth Smart.
When you start your car, the Find My Car Smarter App wirelessly connects to the Find My Car Smarter Device. After you have parked your car your engine and the Find My Car Smarter Device, powered by your cigarette lighter, turn off. The App realizes that your car is parked and then activates the GPS on your iPhone momentarily to save your car's location. If you lose your car, simply launch the app and it will help you navigate your way back by showing you your current location and the location of where you last parked your car.
Using Find My Car Smarter
The app will indicate where you have parked your car, how far away you are from your car, and how long you have parked at that location.
With Dropbox syncing a communal car's location can be shared between a group.
You can also setup automatic parking meter and sweeping notifications.
How do I set up Find My Car Smarter?
ONE TIME SETUP:
1. Download the "Find My Car Smarter" App. Don't forget to allow the app to "use your current location".
2. Plug your Find My Car Bluetooth Smarter Device or compatible Bluetooth Smart Device into your car and then pair it to your iPhone. You only need to do this step one time and it takes about 1 minute.
How do I use Find My Car Smarter?
1. Rest easy knowing that you have the Find My Car Smarter App on your phone.
2. Forget where you parked your car.
3. Click on the "Find My Car" App on your iPhone and allow the map to guide you back to your car.
4. Find your car.
Won't the app running the background kill my battery life?
No, when you are stationary within a 1 km (0.62 miles) area, such as at home or at work, the app is asleep and the only resource that is used is iOS periodically waking up and scanning for Bluetooth devices. This situation is similar to when your phone is paired to a Bluetooth headset.
However, the app will wake up momentarily every time your iPhone travels a few miles. This is to ensure that the app will get relaunched and is running in the background in case the phone closes the Find My Car Smarter App.
Some power consumption occurs after you park your car and the GPS is enabled to save the location of your car. Under good conditions, Find My Car Smarter can complete this process in about 5 seconds and then go back to sleep. The power usage is equivalent to opening the Maps App and finding your current location.
Generally, running this app in the background will not significantly decrease your battery life. However, drivers who drive long distances and park their cars frequently (e.g. pizza delivery person) may experience a noticeable decrease in their battery life.
Updated UI for iPhone Xs. Added support for Apple Watch.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good, but not perfect
It's the best app I've found so far, but one or two glitches.
I frequently find on returning to the car, that the location is 30ft from where I left it! I thought at first that this was perhaps not leaving enough time for the GPS to settle down, but having stayed for a couple of minutes before updating the position and leaving the car, and carefully waiting on my return, it is in fact the app.
Finding the car isn't helped by the fact that the location is indicated by the point of a pin, and seeing the stalk of the pin is difficult. The car ISN'T where the pin head is. That's an unnecessary complication. All that is needed is a red dot.
Excellent little device
Does exactly as advertised. Brilliant!! Get one, install it, forget it until the next time you loose your car.
- Christine Yang
- 62 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 FMC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.