Find My iPhone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find My iPhone:
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing iOS devices, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode (iOS devices)
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
New for iOS 9:
• View your current location and the location of your missing device on the same map.
• Cancel a pending erase request if your missing device is offline.
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.
What's New in Version 4.0
This version of the Find My iPhone app includes support for iOS 8 and Family Sharing.
DEVELOPERS, READ THIS!!
It seems to work sometimes until I actually need it! Told me my phone was miles away and then I found it under the couch... And now I've lost my phone the location was jumping all over the place and then when it switched off the last location was only available for 24 hours (roughly) Every mugger knows now that if you steal an iPhone you need to turn it off straight away. Maybe apple should allow the app the ability to store 1% off battery and give the app the ability to turn the phone on and locate itself?? Just a thought. If not that then it should at least tell you the last location off it before it was switched off for longer. Even if it just automatically located every hour or so it would still be better than it is now. I want to rate this app good as it seems to work fine when you try it out for yourself but every time I have needed it it has let me down so it's a disappointment!
Also the police don't do anything with this app so unless you are up for turning all vigilante it is useless...
Thank you for such a great app
My partners phone was stolen the other day. I used the 'find my phone' app on my iPhone.
Within an hour I had found the phone and had it back with my partner.
It emailed us the tracks it had taken and the route it had been. It pinpointed exactly where it was. Proof is in the pudding and with out this app we would never had got her phone back.
Speaking from experience, an idea to the developers would be great if when the person that 'finds' the phone presses the main button it takes a screen shot of the person and emails it direct to the iPhone that's trying to find it.
It could be done as it emailed us when the phone had been tampered with and the route they had taken to dump the phone after being confronted. Just by having the screen shot would have confirmed it was the person I confronted and they denied it.
At least we got the phone back. This App is a must for all iPhone users. I can't thank these developers of this App enough.
My wife lost her phone when we were out shopping. We tracked our steps back to the last location outside a shop. The occupants were foreign and denied any phone had been handed in. Once we were home we turned the Mac on and traced the phone to an address 7 miles from us. On knocking on the property door I found the owner who coincidently was the owner of the shop and they had my wife's phone and retrieved it after a few words and envolvement of the police which was not necessary in the end. Dishonest people once again.
A plus device highly recommended.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 17 September 2014
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2012 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.