Find My iPhone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find My iPhone:
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing iOS devices, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode (iOS devices)
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.
What's New in Version 4.0
This version of the Find My iPhone app includes support for iOS 8 and Family Sharing.
DEVELOPERS, READ THIS!!
It seems to work sometimes until I actually need it! Told me my phone was miles away and then I found it under the couch... And now I've lost my phone the location was jumping all over the place and then when it switched off the last location was only available for 24 hours (roughly) Every mugger knows now that if you steal an iPhone you need to turn it off straight away. Maybe apple should allow the app the ability to store 1% off battery and give the app the ability to turn the phone on and locate itself?? Just a thought. If not that then it should at least tell you the last location off it before it was switched off for longer. Even if it just automatically located every hour or so it would still be better than it is now. I want to rate this app good as it seems to work fine when you try it out for yourself but every time I have needed it it has let me down so it's a disappointment!
Also the police don't do anything with this app so unless you are up for turning all vigilante it is useless...
Had a mechanical problem on my car, which found me crawling under it. Managed to nurse it to my mechanics at 11pm. Popped the car keys through his garage doors. Then suddenly realise my phone isn't with me. Still no worries it only in the car. I'll get it tomorrow.
I walk home, log onto the iPad, just to double check with find my iPhone its in my car. To my horror I discover its 7 miles away where I'd been crawling under the car!!!
Into the girlfriends car, a fast drive to town, and there it is against the kerb. I'd never have found it without this app.
Last week my daughters iphone 5 was stolen. Using find my iPhone app we were able to locate the phone to an exact address. The police attended, they also logged into my account to see the phones location. We were able to play a sound on the phone from outside the property to prove its location, after which the police gained entry to the property and returned the phone to us. Without this app the phone would have been lost.
Can't fault it! Excellent!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 17 September 2014
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2012 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.