FindShip - Ship tracking,Vessel,Fleet,Typhoon
By Smith Fibonacci
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Find any ship all over the world!
With FindShip, you can track your vessel' movements realtime on the map
* Nearly 100,000 ships online.
* Covering most ports on the world.
* Detail ship's information. In addition to AIS information, D.W.T/Gross ton/Build year is also provided.
* Powerfull ship/port search engine.
* Auto-refresh current region's ship data.
* Satellite map is available.
* Share ship's current position with your friends.
==== Marine Meteorological Data
* Realtime and historical Tropical Storm/Typhoon tracking.
* Global ports' weather forecast.
What's New in Version 5.2.3
Bug fixes and performance improvements
I have looked at a number of ship trackers, a couple of lite versions were useless, and the decent ones are around a fiver. This was a free download, I did pay 99p to remove the ads, which was money well spent. I like the fact that you can create fleets, so can add some of the cruise ships I have been on. It costs more to have more than 5 ships in a fleet, but the costs seem reasonable should you need more. All in all, quite a lot of information, choice of maps and customisable for the data streams. Nothing really negative to comment on, but a good 4 star app.
Does the job
Being near the coast we sometimes like to go and see which ships are moving in and out of port and would check on local AIS websites before setting off.
We found some apps, one appeared to be just a demo, and another was quite expensive. This is free and works well. It has a number of inexpensive options which I have taken advantage of already and may take more in the future. Just shows how to get income from a free app.
I especially like the ability to create fleets which helps me to organise the ships I am interested in.
Only downside is the search for a ship which only shows the first few results.
Needs a little tweaking
Am I the only one finding it difficult to read the ships names ? White lettering on a pale grey background was not a good idea. As some ships have long names, the lettering ends up merging into a blur. Also- I know that ads help fund the development of the app, but that ad about power cuts that keeps popping up is a real pain to get out of. Sorry guys, heading back to my other ship tracking apps.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 17 March 2017
- Version: 5.2.3
- Size: 35.8 MB
- Languages: English, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Smith Fibonacci
- © 2017 FindShip
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- No advertisement£0.99
- Tracking history£1.99
- Add 20 ships in fleet£1.99
- Add 50 ships in fleet£3.99
- Add 100 ships in fleet£6.99
- Add 30 ships in fleet£2.99
- Add 200 ships in fleet£10.99
- Add 150 ships in fleet£8.99