First Hour is an analogue alarm clock with a selection of modern faces and ringers. The unique alarm selector allows you to quickly adjust alarm times by moving them around the clock face. The interface has been optimised for comfortable use at night as well as in daylight. Other notable features include:
- Music alarms - wake up to selected or shuffled music.
- Flip to snooze - turn your device face down to snooze.
- Shake to snooze - works on Lock screen without needing to unlock.
- Multiple alarms
- Repeating alarms
- Today widget - shows sunrise, sunset, and active alarm times.
- Adjustable screen brightness
- Day & night backgrounds, plus an automatic mode.
- Use your location to switch automatically between day & night display at sunrise and sunset.
- Fully optimised for Retina displays.
Some features require the app to be running in the foreground. When the app isn't in the foreground, standard 30-second iOS notifications are used to alert you of alarms (you'll need to allow these to be received).
- Refreshed user interface.
- Added a Today widget to show sunrise, sunset, and active alarm times.
- Added a new clock face.
- Added support for iPhone 6/6s/7 and 6/6s/7 Plus displays.
- Added support for dynamic text sizing.
- Added remote controls and music track information for alarms on the Lock Screen and Control Center.
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
Ratings and Reviews
A fine example of how simply time can be expressed. Recommended for people who go out of their way to avoid clutter.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.