First Phonic Sounds
By matt fryer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Optimised for iPad 3 -
Phonic park brings you an exciting and imaginative game that will assist in developing the correct understanding of the alphabet, phonic sounds, initial letter sounds and lower case letter formation for those taking their first steps in reading and writing.
- How to play -
The aim of ‘first phonic sounds’ is to line up the correct initial letter sound with its matching picture. When paired correctly the image will animate and the letter and image sound will be heard. A correct match will receive a yellow tick; collect all twenty-six to complete the game.
- Game features -
• Twenty-six correct phonic letter sounds as taught in the classroom, pronounced in a clear English accent.
• Twenty-six fully animated images that engage the player’s learning and enjoyment.
• Correctly proportioned letter formation with hollow ‘links’ and baseline placement.
• Gameplay easy to use, visually stimulating with simple controls.
• Match letter sounds to pictures. Tap the letter or musical note to listen to the phonic sound.
• Randomised image layout when game is loaded, allowing the player to learn the phonic sounds correctly.
• A ‘HOW TO’ screen shows the player the best way to complete the game.
• The ‘MORE’ screen allows the player to alter game settings without leaving the game.
- Phonic sounds -
Twenty-six letter sounds of the English alphabet are introduced. Each letter is introduced by its sound, not its name, in order to make the hearing of the words easier.
- Letter formation -
It is important that the child learns the correct formation of each sound, and becomes familiar with proportions and baseline placement of letters. The hollow exit stroke or joining tail helps with the transfer to joined-up writing (cursive).
What's New in Version 1.1
Top learning game for toddlers
My 18month old niece is already saying the sounds! Plays a clever little video when she gets it right, like a gate opens for 'g'.
First phonic sounds
Very clever. Lovey clear pictures. Lots of fun, making learning a game.
Great learning app!
Love the animations! Really clear and well put together
- Category: Education
- Updated: 12 May 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 81.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: matt fryer
- © phonic park 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.