Fit Men Cook - Healthy Recipes
By Nibble Apps Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Struggle free, healthy and practical recipes that are easy on the wallet. It’s as simple as that, and it’s a message that’s seen over 1 million people join Kevin Curry across social media.
Be honest, have you ever heard these complaints about healthy eating?
- “Eating healthy is too expensive!”
- “It takes too long! I don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen.”
- “Healthy food is too bland”
- “I just can’t afford to eat the food needed for bodybuilding”
- “I always end up cheating and slipping back in to bad habits”
Kevin Curry, founder of Fit Men Cook, has been there. After spotting a picture of himself on a friend’s Facebook wall he knew it was time for a change.
He followed all the common advice, changed to a healthy diet and started hitting the gym.
For a few months, things were great, but after a while he found himself craving the old foods he was trying so hard to avoid.
He got his hands on every book he could find on nutrition and started experimenting in the kitchen.
His aims were simple:
A) Food should be easy to prepare and affordable
B) Food should be vibrant and tasty, never boring
C) Preparing food in advance is important
D) Following a, b, c helps you achieve your fitness goals
Kevin shares his journey with the Fit Men Cook community and inside this brand new app where you’ll find the best way to prepare 273 of his most popular recipes.
Top 5 features:
SHOPPING CART + APPLE WATCH
We've taken the hassle out of grocery shopping. Add any recipes you want to your shopping list and we'll organise the list by aisle, so you can easily find the items you need.
The shopping list also works on the Apple Watch.
EASY STEP BY STEP VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
If you’ve ever looked at recipe instructions and thought “this just looks too difficult for me” then you’ll find the included recipe videos very helpful. Not only is Kevin a great host, who’ll fill you with inspiration for healthy meals, but he’ll also break down the steps in a way that’s easy to follow.
FOCUS ON MEAL PREP
Buying ingredients in small quantities can make recipes more expensive. Not only that, but many of us don’t have the time each day to spend in the kitchen.
Meal prep is the solution. By designating two days of the week as your main cooking days, you can prepare your meals in bulk and eat healthy all week.
This is a crucial part of the app, and many of the meals are designed with meal preparation in mind, to make healthy living fit in with a busy life.
MACRO COUNTING AND INTEGRATION WITH APPLE HEALTH APP
Bodybuilders and fat-loss superheroes can rejoice as the FitMenCook app has nutritional information built right in! Recipes list calories, protein, carbs and fat.
The app also includes a Meal Planner with sample weekly plans.
SCALE UP A RECIPE
Increase the serving sizes by tapping the + and - buttons in the recipe view. You can also switch the measurements between metric and imperial.
There’s more including:
- Search by ingredient: Type in Egg Avocado to see all recipes containing these ingredients (By popular request from Kevin’s readers!)
- Share recipes with friends and family
- Available in English and Spanish
If you’d like to see a video demonstration by Kevin of the app in action, take a look at: http://fitmencook.com/app/
Optional Meal Planner Subscription:
Meal Planner Pro is available as a monthly (0.99 USD) or yearly (5.99 USD) subscription. The subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. There is no increase in price when renewing. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term. Your subscription may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
The FMC app is collaboration between Fit Men Cook and Nibble Apps.
What's New in Version 4.0
Happy Holidays from me Kevin and everyone here at team FitMenCook. We've got a belated Christmas present for you with a brand new edition of the FitMenCook app, here's what new:
THE BIG STUFF
1. Browsing by multiple tags
What if you wanted to find a delicious, high protein breakfast? Previously you could only pick either breakfast or high protein as tags. In 4.0 you can now choose recipes by multiple tags.
This makes it easier to find your perfect recipe, especially as the app now has 285 recipes to choose from!
2. 12 new recipes!
We’ve added 12 new recipes:
- World’s Tastiest Chicken, Brown Rice & Broccoli Meal Prep
- Avocado Potato Salad
- DIY Frozen Sweet Potato Waffle Meal Prep
- Keto Lamb Fried “Cauliflower” Rice Meal Prep
- Mexican Quinoa (Vegan)
- Roasted BBQ Cauliflower
- Bacon, Jalapeño & Garlic Green Beans
- Post-Workout Maple Plantains
- Caprese Panini (Grilled Cheese)
- Low-Carb Pancakes (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
- Southern-inspired Sweet Potato & Corn Muffins
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza Bites
We’ve moved over to GrooveHQ to provide you with better, faster answers to your feedback and queries.
4. New year, new plan!
If you’re looking for a new healthy eating plan for 2017, make sure you use our meal plan calculator. We’ve added a handy link from the news section on the home screen!
THE SMALL STUFF
1. We’ve moved over to MailChimp API v3 to provide all our emails - expect a weekly newsletter on a Friday morning, as well as tips for using the FitMenCook app and following a healthy lifestyle.
2. We’ve improved the FAQ section to hopefully get you answers to more of your common questions.
3. We’ve moved our entire app from Swift 2.0 to Swift 3.0 - this will make it easier for us to add new features and will make the app future proof.
4. We’ve improved the recipe tagging from now on:
LOW CARBS: 25g or less
HIGH CARBS: 40g or more
HIGH PROTEIN: 30g of protein and above
HARDGAINER: more than 600 calories per serving
5. You can now switch languages whenever you like from the Settings on the More screen.
Do Videos on how to prepare the food
I love this app so much but I think having a video option to see how the meals are made would make this app even better👌
Love this app. Have plenty of cookbooks for looking at but I actually use this app all the time -shopping list, calorie plans make it so much easier to prep for a tasty week. Cauliflower pizza is a must!!
Great app with constant updates
My go to app for inspiration when I want to make something new and healthy. Meal plans are also great and customised to your goals.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 29 December 2016
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 141 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Developer: Nibble Apps Ltd
- © 2016 Nibble Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Meal Plan Pro£0.79
- Meal Plan Pro£4.49