Fitness Buddy : 1700+ Exercise Workout Trainer and Workout Journal
By Azumio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
75% OFF!!! 12 HOUR sale! Celebrating release of v4.0 with Sonicast - the fastest way to share workouts!
Now integrates with Apple Health App for Premium Plans (Settings -> Plans Health App Sharing)
- As seen and recommended by ESPN magazine!
- As seen on late night with Jay Leno!!
- Selected by Gizmodo as one of the best iPhone apps ever.
- Highly rated by Lifehacker: a comprehensive exercise planner
- 7X7 SF blog: the app that may replace personal trainers. [but we'd rather think of it as a tool for personal trainers to aid their clients]
- and raved by many many others...
JUST UPDATED and now has 1700+ exercises and over 1000+ HD videos!
Find out why gym goers are switching over to Fitness Buddy! With 1700+ unique exercises at your disposal, Fitness Buddy will revolutionize your training regimen. With this app, you will find the workout tracking process simple and easy in order to sustain your motivation and enforce your commitment to your fitness goals.
-- MAJOR FEATURES ---
- 1700+ unique exercises!
- 1000+ HD videos
- Comprehensive exercises for all major equipments including barbell, ez curl bar, dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, and stability balls
- Exercise categorization (core, lower body, chest, shoulders, back, arms, cardio, stretches)
- 4000+ exercise photos and animations (retina display resolution)
- Detailed exercise instructions and muscle categorizations
- Capabilities to add your own custom exercises and favorite exercises
- Quick and simple workout tracking
- Search bar to quickly find your favorite exercises
75+ workout routines
- Diverse repertoire of exercise routines including workouts for women
- Routines specific to your goals (build big chest, tone butt, lose weight, and more!)
- Routines specific to your equipment (resistance bands, kettlebells, bodyweight only, etc)
- Build your own workout routines
Body metrics tracking
- Track your body weight and metrics (chest, arms, thighs, etc)
- Graph your body progress
- Quick email responses
- Frequent updates
Apple Health App Sharing
- Integrates with Apple Health App (Fitness Buddy Settings -> Plans Apple Health App Sharing)
Upgrade to Fitness Buddy Premium for unlimited access to Premium Programs and Playpen Freeplay workouts, HD videos, dynamic and motivational audio, workout email summaries with tips and advice on healthy living, priority support, and more for $4.99/month or $49.99/year through renewable iTunes subscription.
And many other features for you to enhance your workout experience. You won’t be disappointed when you train hard with Fitness Buddy.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
- ios8 support
- improved performance
- bug fixes
- Apple Health App support for premium plans, please enable in Fitness Buddy Settings -> tap Health App Sharing to enable/disable
- syncs with our ARGUS Health App (featured in Apple Ad) - free download today!
Room for improvement
I purchased this app about two months ago and use it to track my weight training and cardio workouts.
I haven't tried any of the workouts in the app. I've used the custom feature to add my own workouts to track.
1. The app contains an impressive list of weight training exercises.
2. The demos are very useful if you see an exercise you are unfamiliar with.
3. I like the calendar overview so you can track your workouts throughout the month.
1. It's supposed to work with the iOS health app to measure active calories and workouts but it never syncs so there is no data shared.
2. The overview and history features don't always work. For example, I did an upper body workout on 19 Jan. The overview failed to record it but it is recorded in history. Likewise, the history feature fails to record some exercises that I have completed in a workout.
3. It would be good if this app tracked calories burned during a workout and showed your progress for a particular exercise (e.g. last week bench press was 3 reps of 100 kilograms . This week was 5 reps of 100 kilograms).
If anyone has a better workout app to recommend, I'm open to suggestions.
Great app - needs watch addition
Have had this app for a couple of years and despite purchasing multiple others at different times this is still my preferred app.
Use it solely for weight workouts and its exercise library, ability to create workout plans and simplicity to use makes it my most treasured app.
What it really needs now is an apple watch function so please please can you work on this :o)
Legitimate app? I'm not sure!
I have paid for this app and as yet, have not been able to use it once! It crashes constantly and 'error occurred ' is a message that comes up frequently! I have tried to contact them via all forms of communication available and have been met by a wall of silence! You only have to look on their Facebook page to see that this isn't a rare occurrence! It's fair enough that some apps have bugs that may take a little time to fix but either stop charging people a monthly subscription or at least reply to their complaints!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 07 October 2014
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 58.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Tom Xu
- © Azumio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fitness Buddy Premium£3.99
- Fitness Buddy Premium£22.99