Your portable personal fitness trainer
The Fitness for Amputees app includes a range of easy-to-follow exercises designed by experienced physiotherapists at Ottobock, and is tailored specifically for people with a unilateral leg amputation. The app can offer you regular guidance for up to 6 months after a prosthetic fitting and provides you with the training you need during this period. All you need for the exercises is a mat, a towel and a ball. Once you have installed the app on your device, you can use it offline as well.
The app consists of 3 modules:
• Strength & Endurance: For strengthening the upper body muscles and stabilising the spine. This is the foundation for a natural gait pattern.
• Coordination & Balance: For improving coordination and supporting safe standing on the prosthesis. To enhance your comfort and achieve more natural movement patterns.
• Stretch & Relax: For relaxing the muscles and for faster regeneration. These exercises can increase muscle flexibility.
To achieve the best results, we recommend that you train 2–3 times each week for 5–11 minutes, switching regularly between the three modules. The 3 difficulty levels (easy / normal / difficult) for Strength & Endurance and Coordination & Balance let you individually adjust the exercises to your physical condition. You can achieve long-term progress by switching to a higher difficulty level.
Further functions and benefits:
• Selection of exercises: Complete either a predefined training programme or create your own individual training programme.
• Music selection: Train to the music available in the app or to your own music on your smartphone or tablet.
• Statistics function: Keep an eye on your progress and get an overview of the number of exercises you have already completed.
• Reminder function: Allow the app to remind you of your next training session.
Download the Fitness for Amputees app now to take your daily fitness and rehab programme to the next level!
3rd module Stretch & Relax – enhance your training by finishing with these exercises
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic Fitness App to help guide you through your rehabilitation
This app is brilliant! It is easy to use and the exercises are ideal for rehabilitation as well as rebuilding your fitness. This app is perfect to get your strength back so you can use your new leg to its fullest. My physiotherapists recommend this app for my daily physio routine at home. Thanks Ottobock Smashed it! If you could add more exercises for those wanting to progress and correct gait and stance control issues - That would be perfect!
Great app especially for new/low activity amps
I wish this app was around when I had my amputation. I was given a long list of exercises to do by my physio's, so long that it was so daunting I never did any of them.
The exercises in this app are quick and easy to do at home with no special equipment. The statistics section means your physio can make sure you're doing them and the animations ensure you don't forget how to do things correctly.
Only criticism is that it doesn't seem possible delete or reset the statistics without deleting and re-installing the app.
Any chance of a super advanced version please???
Fitness for amputees
Very good app for lower limb amputees, this is excellent as it clearly shows you what to do and is very easy to follow. Basis strength, stamina and balance exercises. may need adapting for double amputees.
- Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH
- 80.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.