Make your own flash cards and take the pressure out of test preparation. Flashcard Hero keeps track of what
facts you already know so you can focus on what you don’t know and save a lot of time.
Beyond your average-vocab-app: We made Flashcard Hero for those of you who want to fit more than a few words on each card. You can add images, lists, and use text formatting to structure your content. Cards even expand as you add more text so you can take notes during class and turn them into study cards later. All decks can easily be shared with others via the web.
- iCloud Drive integration (compatible with the Flashcard Hero iPhone/iPad app)
- 3 study modes: Answer covered, Multiple choice tests, Typing the answer
- Audio output (text to speech) of text on cards in over 30 languages
- Group cards by topic (e.g. text book chapters)
- Add images from your Mac and the Internet
- Text formatting (lists, bold font, italic,…)
- Change text color and highlight text
- Many deck cover styles
- Difficulty level for each card
- Group cards using the Leitner study system (similar to spaced repetition)
- Detailed study session summaries
- Take notes during class; cards expand automatically
- Import decks you already have (.tsv and .csv format, Quizlet.com)
- Share decks via the web
- Print decks
- Export as PDF and lecture notes
FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATORS:
- Compatible with the Remote Control feature of the iOS app. You can use the iOS app as a remote to control the study mode on the Mac while you are projecting on a big screen.
This is just the beginning. If you’d like to see a certain feature, let us know through the feedback menu in the app.
- Added support for Dark Mode
- The Share menu now contains an entry to show all decks shared via uploading
Ratings and Reviews
Probably the best app on my Mac and IPhone
I have purchased hundreds of apps on my iphone and Mac over the last 10 years and it is safe to say, there are only a few that I continue to use on a regular basis. Flashcard Hero is one of them.
Like all the best ideas, its power and usefulness comes from its relative simplicity. The concept is one that we are all familar with, but the developer has managed to make building flashcard stacks so, so fast. The Mac and Iphone app is totally bullet proof. It has not even looked like it might fall over in the two years of continus use.
I use FH for my Chinese studies. I have always had problems studying and I tried dozens of specialised language training apps to try and help me learn. In the end, building my own flashcards and using the text-to-speech option (and yes… it even works in Chinese!) has sped up my learning and increased my confident. I tend to build the cards on the Mac (which syncs automatically with my phone) and then grab 2 minutes whilst i’m eating my lunch or in a waiting room to go through my cards. The logic that caluclates your progress is really useful and accurate. If FH says that you have learnt a card, trust me, you have!
I wish I had had this app when I was at school and University - I honestly think it would have really helped me.
best flash cards application
I bought also other flash cards applications from AppStore, but most of them are useless. This one is not only the best I have encountered, but is also very good. The possibility of importing ready-made card decks is really wonderful. Of course, imported cards can be edited. I happily use at the moment this application to learn biblical Hebrew and Hinduism vocabularies. I like that there is also an Israeli voice available to read the Hebrew words.
The maker of this application answers your e-mails fast and his replies are very helpful. What more can you wish for?
Great app, much more intuitive than the competitors like Anki. However, please can the developers add a feature to tag individual cards within the app, rather than just whole decks using the Mac finder. I’d really love to be able to tag certain cards as ‘need to know’ facts and others as ‘nice to know’ etc, to lighten the load on how much I need to cover.
Apart from that, really enjoying the app and well worth the upgrade to pro version
Developer Response ,
Hi Jim, thanks for your feedback and your kind words. Adding a way to tag cards is on my to do list. Should you run into anything else, just let me know. I'm always open for suggestions. Cheers, Rico
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.