Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from the app's Shared Library.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
To me this is a revolutionary Flashcard app, it has so many features it's hard to believe. The feature I find amazing is the connection with Excel DropBox files, so you can sort of mass produce them on your desktop and very easily import to the app. I would use it heavily in my classes (those lectures I deliver), but I am slightly concerned there would be an unfair advantage for people with IOS who could therefore use this.
There is also a lesson in life here; someone deemed to give this just 1 star!! It just shows that however good your work someone will snipe ;-). Tbf, I guess there could be machines upon which it doesn't work. So why then only 4 stars from me. Partly because I am a meany, but also I guess there are a couple of little bugs and niggles. The various menus and stuff are a little tricky to navigate, but may be that is always going to happen to such a feature rich app. Random order stops sometimes for me. I get it going after fiddling about a bit. It's really cool. Well done to the creator (of the app I mean, not The Creator).
Best flashcard app for language learning on App Store
Wonderful program. It has a couple of key features that only a few other titles on the App Store have: 1) support for multi-sided cards, up to 5 sides. This allows you to create dynamic cards with far more info than just Q&A. For language learning you can add example sentences, pronunciation guides, mnemonics etc. 2) it syncs across your devices using your Dropbox account. This works really well. When you open the app, if it detects changes on one of your other devices, a sync logo appears at the top of the screen. Tap this to begin syncing. 3) text to speech in several languages. Have your example sentences read to you.
Very configurable, although the options pages can be intimidating at first. There is extensive documentation though. It took me a while to work out how to keep a separate score for each direction of the reversible deck. Managed it in the end though.
I absolutely love this App
I've been using this App for a couple of years for Spanish vocabulary and it is absolutely fantastic, and as a bonus 'Ernie' is extremely responsive to any question or request. It has loads of useful features (to the other reviewer, you can already move cards, but as mentioned there are loads of features so it takes a little while to find them all, tho the ? Help is clear and simple). I use 'Spaced Repetition' as it changes the period the the card showing up again according to your correctness/confidence in answering it. You can download decks or make your own - words, phrases, whatever you like, and you can then add sound, even to your own creations, to help with pronunciation. You can combine decks, sync, e'g through Dropbox and so on. Totally recommend.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.